This Peaches ‘n Cream Cake will have you thinking you died and went to heaven! It uses a doctored up cake mix, so it’s simple to make and is sure to win over your taste buds!
Peaches and cream is such a dreamy combo, don’t you think? Our neighbors recently invited us over for a BBQ and for dessert they served us their amazing homemade vanilla ice cream with fresh peaches on top! It just doesn’t get better than that!
So I of course came home craving all things peaches ‘n cream. 🙂 I still have peaches leftover from the huge box these same neighbors gave me. Even after making these Peach Crisp Bars and eating peaches with breakfast, lunch, and dinner, I still have oodles to spare! And I decided I don’t have nearly enough peach desserts on the blog (that’s just a crime!), so I put together another yummy concoction for you to try! I know you’re going to love it!
I’m a huge fan of keeping dessert simple, so cake mixes are one of my best friends. 🙂 I added a few ingredients to this yellow cake mix that make it taste like it’s made from scratch, but it comes together in minutes!
If you need a mouthwatering dessert in a pinch to bring to a gathering, this is just the one! I never want peach season to end! Besides the fact that they are such a gorgeous fruit, they’re also so juicy and incredible! I never tire of them!
Peaches ‘n Cream Cake
- 1 box 15.25 oz yellow cake mix (I used Betty Crocker)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1/2 c. butter melted
- 1/2 c. water
- Peach layer:
- 4 c. thinly-sliced peaches
- 1/3 c. granulated sugar
- Whipped Cream Topping:
- 2 c. cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- Grease a 9"x13" cake pan and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine yellow cake mix, eggs, vanilla, sour cream, melted butter, and water.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared 9"x13" pan and bake for approximately 13-15 minutes, or just until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean (moist crumbs are good).
- While the cake is baking, prepare the peach mixture by stirring together 4 c. sliced peaches and 1/3 c. granulated sugar. Let it sit in the fridge while the cake is baking and cooling so the flavor and juices will come out.
- After the cake is cool, spread the peaches onto the cake.
- Make whipped cream topping by whipping 2 c. cold heavy cream with 1 tsp. vanilla extract and 1/2 c. powdered sugar in an electric mixer (with whisk attachment on) on high speed until stiff peaks form. Spread whipped cream over peaches and let the cake sit in the fridge until ready to serve.
My family did the happy dance when I served this up! The fresh, sweetened peaches sandwiched between the tender yellow cake and fluffy whipped cream are nothing short of perfection! The peach juices settle into the cake as it sits, giving it the ultimate incredible flavor and texture! Are you a peaches ‘n cream fan? If so, you’re going to go bananas over this recipe!