Peanut butter and butterscotch are a match made in heaven! I think you’ll agree when you try these soft Peanut Butter Butterscotch Bars! A peanut butter cookie base infused with butterscotch and chocolate chips and old-fashioned oats for the perfect texture! These are sure to become your new favorite cookie bar!
I think it’s no secret that I am obsessed with cookies. I typically crave the traditional Chocolate Chip Cookie on a daily basis, but last week I had a serious hankering for a peanut butter treat! So I decided to come up with a new cookie bar that combined some of my very favorite flavors into one! I’ve always loved butterscotch. Are you the same way?
If so, you have to add these Scotcheroos, these Butterscotch Peanut Bars, and this Butterscotch Gingerbread Trifle to your list of things to make very soon!
Whenever we go to our favorite cafe, I always have to order the Butterscotch Malt. It’s the best!
But when you combine butterscotch with peanut butter, the results are total dessert bliss! We polished off the batch in record time and were all fighting over the last few squares.
The key to a perfect cookie bar is to not over bake it. The flavor and texture difference between a baked-to-perfection cookie and an overbaked cookie are HUGE! At about 15 minutes bake time (I actually did 14), these are perfectly chewy and soft and not in the least dry. Even a few minutes too long in the oven could lead to the demise of these cookie bars! 🙂 Because I’d rather not even waste calories choking down a dry, crumbly cookie! How about you?
These are perfect for the kids’ lunch boxes or to bring to a picnic! I love that the little bit of old fashioned oats in them make them more hearty and give them the perfect texture without being overbearing.
And I’m always a proponent of not having to roll the dough into balls! Simple press it into a pan and throw it in the oven!
I think I say this every time I share a new cookie recipe, but these just might be my new favorite! Especially if you are having that undeniable urge to eat a peanut butter treat, these will totally hit the spot! And they come together quickly, so you can fulfill that craving asap.
Peanut Butter Butterscotch Bars
- 3/4 c. butter softened
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 c. peanut butter smooth
- 2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c. butterscotch chips plus an additional 1/4 c. for topping
- 1/2 c. semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips plus an additional 1/4 c. for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly grease a 9"x13" pan. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, vanilla and peanut butter.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, oats, baking soda and salt. Add dry mixture to wet mixture and mix until combined. Quickly mix in butterscotch and chocolate chips.
- Press dough into prepared pan, sprinkle with 1/4 c. each of butterscotch and chocolate chips and press into the dough, then bake for approximately 14-15 minutes or just until set. Don't overbake or they'll be dry!
This is one of those homemade baked goods that will win over your taste buds and leave them begging for more! If you didn’t get your fill after this one and are looking for more peanut butter dessert recipes, go HERE. And for all other cookie recipes go HERE.