These soft Peanut Butter Cookies are topped with White Chocolate Candy Corn M&M’s for the perfect fall or Halloween treat!
Peanut Butter Cookies are some of my most favorite ever, but when you top them with white chocolate, I can never resist! I shared some yummy and Halloween festive peanut butter treats in previous years in the form of Peanut Butter Chocolate Spider Bars and Halloween Peanut Butter Fingers. You have to try them!
I always get SO excited when the White Chocolate (a.k.a Candy Corn) M&M’s hit the shelves. Is it just me or do they make those bags smaller every year? I have to buy two or three to equal what used to be one in my candy bowl. But then I can never get enough of those cute orange, yellow and white candies, especially since I loathe actual candy corns. 🙂
I seriously have to hide the bag of these seasonal M&M’s when I buy them or the kids attack it and then I don’t have any to snack on or put in my desserts. So I stashed them under a pile in the cupboard all sneakily and then made these soft Peanut Butter Cookies while they were at school. The toddler did eat a few, but he can’t down them quite like the others can.
I love peanut butter, but I feel like it can sometimes be a little overwhelming and strong in peanut butter cookies. So these cookies have what I think is the perfect amount of peanut butter, plus some cream cheese! The cream cheese makes them ultra soft and enhances the flavor too!
These are so perfect for sharing at Halloween and fall parties! And we know there will be lots of those coming up in the not-so-distant future! My kids already have their costumes planned out. My daughter has been working really hard on hers for the past few weekends. She’s making it all herself! She definitely got the artistic genes.
And we’re already getting giddy just thinking about trick-or-treating! My kids literally talk about Halloween all year round. I think they prefer it to Christmas.
I am in love with these peanut butter cookies and I know you will be too at bite one! White chocolate and peanut butter are such a fantastic match, don’t you agree?
Peanut Butter Cookies with White Chocolate M&M’s
- 1/2 c. butter softened
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 3/4 c. light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly grease cookie sheets or line them with nonstick baking mats.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter, cream cheese, granulated and brown sugar, egg, peanut butter and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add it to the wet mixture and mix until incorporated.
- Scoop or roll dough into 1 1/2" balls and place on cookie sheets, at least 2" apart. Press dough balls down with the palms of your hand to flatten, then press three Candy Corn M&M's into the top of each cookie.
- Bake for approximately 8-9 minutes or just until done. Don't over bake or they won't be soft! Let cool on cookie sheets for a few minutes, then carefully remove them to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
I hope you get to enjoy these cookies often over the next few fall months! And if you want to enjoy them after that, (which I’m sure you will), simply switch out the Candy Corn M&M’s for different varieties and colors to tailor them to any holiday. 🙂
For all other cookie recipes go HERE.