This individual Pesto Naan Pizza is the perfect lunch or light dinner! It’s vegetarian and loaded with fresh ingredients!
I flew out to visit my sister a few months ago after she had her sweet baby. Newborn baby snuggles are the absolute best! I loved being there, seeing her new home, playing with her other boys and of course holding the baby, which was a definite highlight.
While there, her husband made these incredible Pesto Naan Pizzas one day for lunch and I haven’t been able to get them off my mind since! The flavor combo and freshness is incredible! I never realized just how much I love pesto until I took a bite of this. It’s absolute heaven!
I came home and started making them for my family. We keep the ingredients on hand at all times so we can have them for an easy lunch. They come together so quickly!
I purchased most of the ingredients from Costco. They have big bags of avocados and I love their mini naan flatbreads (the Stonefire brand). I also found the basil pesto and fresh mozzarella there. If you have not ever had the pleasure of enjoying fresh mozzarella, you must very soon! Of course you could shred mozzarella from the block for this, but the fresh mozzarella is what really makes these incredible, so promise me you’ll buy fresh!
You literally just layer everything, then broil it in the oven for 1-2 minutes, then add the fresh toppings from the fridge (tomatoes, avocados, and cilantro). I’m telling you, these are scrumptious, to say the least!
I literally eat one for lunch every day now with a spinach salad on the side. My husband works from home, so we get to have lunch together every day. He complains a little if we have anything other than these pesto pizzas. 🙂 They’re that good!
I know you’re going to be hooked at bite one, too! You’ve got to try these! I’m always looking for tasty lunch ideas that help me to break out of the “sandwich box”, and this is a perfect one!
Pesto Naan Pizza
- Mini Naan flatbread I use the Stonefire brand from Costco
- Basil Pesto I use the Kirkland brand from Costco
- Fresh mozzarella slices I use the Kirkland brand from Costco that's already sliced
- Sliced fresh tomatoes
- Sliced ripe avocado
- Chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Turn on the broiler and allow it to heat up.
- Place a mini naan flatbread on a cookie sheet and spread a big spoonful of basil pesto over it. Place two slices of fresh mozzarella on the pesto.
- Place the pizza under the broiler for only 1-2 minutes, or just until the mozzarella is melted and the edges of the bread are browning, but not burning. Watch it carefully, because it will burn quickly!
- Remove from the broiler and add two tomato slices, 4 or so avocado slices, and a pinch of chopped fresh cilantro. Salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
Let me know what you think when you try them! I bet they’re going to become a lunchtime favorite at your house too!