These Phenomenal Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars will blow your mind! If you’re a pumpkin and pumpkin spice lover, you’ve got to make this incredible dessert very soon! These bars are tall, soft, cake-like and studded with loads of melty chocolate chips! Talk about divine!
It’s not even officially fall yet and I’m already started on the pumpkin desserts. Call me crazy, but I don’t care. 🙂 I want to enjoy pumpkin treats for as long as possible! Really, I make and eat them year-round and I believe there’s no shame in that! Give me all the Pumpkin Bread, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars, and Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Cookies! Yes, please! And don’t forget about the Double Chocolate Pumpkin Bread!
Are you a pumpkin obsessed like me? I just can’t help myself! It’s too yummy! Fall is my favorite season, and one of the top reasons is because of all the yummy pumpkin treats. Another reason is that Halloween is my favorite holiday and my kids’. It’s only the beginning of September and we’ve already bought the Halloween costumes. 🙂 My spooky decor is all ready to go up, but I think I’ll try to hold off for a few weeks. I really think we need longer than the month of October to celebrate a holiday so fun and exciting as Halloween, don’t you agree?
In the meantime, I’ll get my fall fix by making these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars over and over. I could never tire of them! My family devoured them so quickly. These are kind of like your favorite slice of pumpkin bread, but they’re so much easier and quicker to make! The crumbs are so tender and absolutely divine! I added tons of chocolate chips. How many chocolate chips are too many? Asking for a friend. 🙂
Stock up on canned pumpkin, because I’ve got more pumpkin desserts coming your way over the next bit, no doubt about that! My kids have been begging me to make this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie and I think I’m going to make that happen this week. So good! It’d be even better, topped with some vanilla ice cream! I’ve got plenty of good reasons to keep the canned pumpkin around in large quantities in my kitchen.
I’m dying to make some more of today’s Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars. They are absolutely phenomenal and totally deserve to be in the spotlight at your next gathering! I realized the other day that I don’t have nearly enough pumpkin spice in my cupboard and I definitely need to change that. These call for pumpkin spice and cinnamon. I think you’ll find that they taste perfectly amazing because of this spice combo.
Throw in loads of chocolate chips to increase the delicious factor by at least ten! Pumpkin and chocolate were meant to be together, don’t you agree? Semi-sweet chocolate chips are my favorite, but you could use milk or dark chocolate, or even chocolate chunks, if you prefer. Bake them to perfection, then watch them disappear like a magic act.
Phenomenal Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
- 3/4 c. butter 1 1/2 sticks, softened (use salted butter)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 c. canned pumpkin pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips plus 1/2 c. for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 9"x13" baking pan or spray with nonstick baking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix together butter, eggs, canned pumpkin, vanilla, brown sugar, and granulated sugar, scraping down the sides with a spatula in between. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and flour.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix just until combined, scraping down the sides with a spatula in between.
- Stir in 1 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Pour and spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the top with 1/2 c. chocolate chips and lightly press them into the batter.
- Bake for approximately 27-30 minutes (mine were done in 27), or just until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Moist crumbs are good, but you don't want gooey-ness.
- Allow the bars to cool to room temperature, then slice and serve.
Enjoy! Happy fall baking!