This cool and creamy, totally dreamy Pistachio Ice Cream Dessert will become a summer time staple! A crunchy crust followed by pistachio pudding-infused ice cream and loads of whipped cream to finish it off!
How’s your summer going so far? Ours is off to a great start! The kids are taking tennis and swimming lessons, so that consumes our mornings. Then we come home tired and ready to just veg for the rest of the day at home! My daughter will be heading to camp in a little bit and then we’ll be celebrating my husband’s birthday and then heading off for a fun camping trip! Our schedule is full and our hearts are exhausted but happy!
I always love to make the most of the few months I have with the kids home. The time always flies by, so I feel like we have to fit in all the fun that we can and not waste a minute!
One of the things the kids are always begging for is cold treats. The weather’s already heating up here (and I’m glad about that after freezing for too long). So that means parched mouths that are ready for a yummy refreshing confection! This Pistachio Ice Cream Dessert is everything your summer needs and more! My oldest daughter is learning to cook and bake, and she’s always eager to join me in the kitchen. So together we came up with this yummy treat that I know you’re going to love!
It’s so easy to make! Because no one wants to be slaving away in a hot kitchen all day, especially during the sweltering summer months. All this recipe requires is making a quick three-ingredient crust, baking it, then stirring some prepared pistachio pudding into some softened vanilla ice cream. Then you’ll spread some sweetened whipped cream over it all and sprinkle with chopped pistachios for garnish. That’s it!
Pistachio Ice Cream Dessert
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. chopped pistachios
- 1/2 c. butter softened
- Ice cream layer:
- 1 package 3.4 oz pistachio instant pudding and pie filling
- 2 c. cold milk 2% or more
- 1 container 48 oz., 1.5 QT vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 3 heaping Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 c. chopped pistachios
- Set vanilla ice cream out on the counter to soften. Remove the lid so it will soften quicker.
- Whisk together pistachio pudding mix with 2 c. cold milk in a bowl. Place it in the fridge to set up while you're preparing everything else.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. For the crust, use a fork to combine flour, chopped pistachios and softened butter in a bowl until no loose flour remains and coarse crumbs form. Press into 9"x13" pan. Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes. Allow it to cool while you're preparing the ice cream layer.
- Stir together prepared pistachio pudding (that's been setting up in the fridge) with softened vanilla ice cream until it's all incorporated. Spread over cooled crust. Cover with foil and place in the freezer for approximately 4-6 hours to allow the ice cream to re-freeze.
- Just before serving, whip the heavy whipping cream with powdered sugar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer with the whisk attachment on, until stiff peaks form. Spread over ice cream layer, garnish with 1/4 c. chopped pistachios and serve immediately.
Now dig in and enjoy! I hope your fun summer plans involve indulging in this delectable dessert!