This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #QualityFreshPork #GetGrillingAmerica #CollectiveBias
This Pork Tenderloin Foil Pack Meal couldn’t be easier and is one the whole family will enjoy! Grilling makes dinner so simple! Plus cleanup is a breeze!
Summer break is underway for the kids and that means we’re keeping busy with a full day of activities. They’re taking lessons and playing with friends often. We’re trying to squeeze in time to get work done around the house and then there are camps to attend and lots of time at the pool! By the time evening comes, I’m exhausted and running on my last bit of energy. Playing chauffeur is no easy task! 🙂 The last thing I feel like doing is making a complicated meal. Can you relate?
So I try to keep things extra simple in the dinner department. That typically means grilling! I just discovered the beauty and magic of foil pack meals and I’m never turning back! This one comes together in around 30 minutes from start to finish! Cleanup involves wadding up a foil ball and tossing it in the trash! I can handle that!
And we ate outside to keep the mess out of the kitchen. You can’t go wrong with this one!
I love to pick up Fresh Pork at Walmart for those busy evenings when I need a yummy dinner in a flash! This Smithfield Mesquite Loin Fillet is loaded with flavor and so tender when grilled! You can taste the quality in every bite! Use this handy store locator to find a Walmart near you!
When pork is for dinner, everyone’s smiling! I’m a fan of how simple, versatile, and flavorful it is!
Fresh Pork is so easy to find in the meats section at Walmart! I picked up a Smithfield loin filet, but feel free to purchase your preferred brand. While I was there, I also grabbed the other ingredients needed for today’s recipe. I love that Walmart is a one stop shop!
Be sure to visit here for more recipe ideas using Fresh Pork!
I love that with foil pack meals, I can have a full meal all together in one package! I don’t have to dirty lots of dishes or do lots of prep work. The flavors from the marinated pork meld with the veggies and potatoes while grilling to create a treat for the taste buds! I added a few simple seasonings and parmesan cheese to the potatoes and veggies. The outcome is unbeatable!
This is what you call a meal the whole family will gobble right up! And we did! I love eating outside and enjoying the wonderful weather during the summer.
Here’s how to make it:
First slice and dice the potatoes, asparagus and zucchini. Lay it out on a long piece of foil. You can flatten it out when you cover it all with foil. Drizzle olive oil over. Then sprinkle with parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, rosemary, basil, thyme and minced garlic. Place another big piece of foil over the top and roll the sides up. Shake everything around in there to flatten it out, so you don’t have a mound of veggies. Repeat with another layer of foil so the meal will end up being double layered in foil for protection.
Loins are best enjoyed when cooked to 145℉ with a 3 minute rest. Use a temperature gauge and insert it through the foil into the meat to determine when it’s ready. We flipped the foil pack halfway through the grilling process to ensure it cooked evenly throughout. This took about 30 minutes for us on medium-low heat.
Here’s a helpful cooking chart for chops, loins, and roasts:
- Medium Rare: 145-150℉
- Medium: 150-155℉
- Medium Well: 155-160℉
- Well: 160℉
This meal is so colorful and flavorful! We agreed that we’ll be enjoying foil pack meals all summer long! They’re so convenient with busy schedules! Plus, they are incredibly scrumptious! My family went wild for this grilled pork and veggies dinner! I’m sure yours will too!
Pork Tenderloin Foil Pack Meal
- Fresh Pork Tenderloin around 1 1/2 to 2 lbs. (I used Smithfield Mesquite Loin Filet), sliced into 1/2" thick pieces
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 large yellow or red potatoes diced into around 1 1/2" pieces
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 15 asparagus singles sliced into thirds
- 1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 tsp. salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. pepper or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- Place sliced pork and diced veggies and potatoes onto a long piece of aluminum foil.
- Drizzle potatoes and veggies with 3 Tbsp. olive oil. Then sprinkle them with parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, rosemary, basil, thyme and minced garlic. Place another long piece of foil on top and roll up sides. Shake everything around carefully to evenly layer the package and contents. Add another layer of foil in the same manner so it will be double layered in foil.
- Grill on medium-low until pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit. Check by inserting a temperature gauge through the foil into the pork. Flip the foil pack halfway through the grilling process to ensure everything cooks evenly. Let rest for 3 minutes. Enjoy!