Hi everyone! I’m Jen from Yummy Healthy Easy. I’m so excited to be here today on I Dig Pinterest! Christine and I both share a love of Halloween. It’s one of my favorite holidays! I’m mom to four boys and I’m always trying to get them involved in helping me in the kitchen. These little Halloween pumpkin rice krispie treats have been spotted around Pinterest and I wanted to try them with my boys.
There’s something about rice krispie treats that just makes you happy. They’re so fun to make and even more fun to eat. My boys loved helping me make these darling little pumpkin shaped ones! They’re really simple to make, too!
Just prepare your basic rice krispie treat recipe (I like to brown my butter a bit and add a little vanilla extract) but add in orange food coloring when you put in the marshmallows. Let the cereal mixture cool a bit and then shape into balls.
Press a little tootsie roll into the top to make a stem and then add some candy to make the eyes and noses – get creative! I love that these can be Halloween pumpkins by making them look like jack-o-lanterns, or leave off the little face and you can make these all the way up to Thanksgiving! They’re a fun treat your family will love to make and to eat!
Pumpkin Krispies Treats:
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- red & yellow food coloring or orange gel coloring
- 5-1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- mini tootsie rolls
- candy for decorations, M&M’s, candy corn, etc.
- In a large saucepan, melt and slightly brown butter on medium heat. Add vanilla extract and marshmallows. Stir until marshmallows are completely melted. Add food coloring until desired orange color is reached. Add cereal and stir until completely combined. Turn off heat and let sit for a few minutes, until cool enough to handle.
- When mixture has cooled enough, spray your hands with cooking spray and mold cereal mix into circles. (I made nine medium sized pumpkins). Unwrap a tootsie roll and press into each pumpkin top. Add candy for the eyes and noses (we used a little frosting to adhere). Eat and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy these as much as we did! Thanks for having me here today!
——-A HUGE thank you to Jen for sharing this fun and festive treat with us! They are too cute for words and I can’t wait to make them with my kiddos.
Jen has an amazing site filled with tons of tasty recipes! Everything I’ve made from there has been nothing short of delectable. Stop by and say hi and pin a few or twenty. 🙂
Our Pinteresting Family says
Diana - FreeStyleMama says
Nicky @ Pink Recipe Box says
Lizbeth McGow says
Steph @ Crafting in the Rain says
Emily Thompson says
Heather @ Raising Memories Blog says
You should link them up at Sharing Time! :)
(the link party is up on the blog right now)
Diana Miller says
Sami Bookout says
Kristen Sullivan says
Christine Bell says
Christine Bell says
Linda Lebrun says
Lynn Oakes says
Online Watch Video says
Latest Hollywood Bolywood Action, Comedy,
Adult Movie, Audio Video Songs Software Tv Show
Drama Youtube Video Online Watch Download Link