Are you a pumpkin pie fan? Even if you aren’t, you’ll love this Pumpkin Pie Crunch Cake! It’s easy to make and oh so delicious!
I have to admit that I am not a pumpkin pie person. I choose not to eat it at Thanksgiving when everyone else is oohing and ahhhing over it and going for seconds. I basically love every other pumpkin dessert, but I don’t get excited about pumpkin pie. I think it’s a texture thing. Or maybe it’s just pumpkin overload. I like to have a blend of other ingredients in my pumpkin desserts and not just feel like I’m eating pure pumpkin.
But my point in saying this is that, even if you don’t like pumpkin pie, chances are you’ll love this cake! The layers come together to form complete perfection! On the bottom is a spiced pumpkin layer, then it’s topped with dry yellow cake mix, chopped pecans, and a spiced melted butter before getting baked.
Please tell me you won’t forget to top it with whipped cream or whipped topping. It’s the best! This is what fall and Thanksgiving look like in a dessert! If you d0n’t enjoy eating pie on Thanksgiving, give this cake a whirl! It will fill the void of pie and then some!
I’ve seen a few versions of this floating around the internet. Sometimes it’s called Pumpkin Dump Cake, simply because you basically dump all the ingredients into a pan and it’s ready to bake. This version does require a little more effort than that (you’ll need to mix a few ingredients first), but it really is so easy!
And the results are well worth the little bit of effort. I promise! You’ll thank yourself for making this dessert and so will everyone who is lucky enough to get a piece! Just look at those delicious layers! It simply wouldn’t be the same without the pecans, so I hope you’ll be sure to include them.
I can’t get over how amazing this cake is! I know you’re going to be crazy for it too! I’d be perfectly fine, not eating pie on Thanksgiving, if this cake is being served instead. And I love pie. That’s how tasty this dessert is!
Pumpkin Pie Crunch Cake
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2/3 c. evaporated milk
- 1 c. brown sugar packed
- 1 box 15.25 oz yellow cake mix
- 1 c. chopped pecans
- 1 c. melted butter with 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice stirred in
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a 9"x13" baking dish with nonstick baking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, add pumpkin puree, eggs, salt, pumpkin pie spice, evaporated milk and brown sugar and mix until completely incorporated, scraping down the sides in between.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the prepared pan and spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the dry yellow cake mix evenly over the top.
- Sprinkle the cake mix layer with chopped pecans.
- Melt the butter, then stir in 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice completely. Pour the melted butter mixture over the top evenly.
- Bake for approximately 50-55 minutes, or just until set. Let it cool mostly, then serve with whipped cream or whipped topping on each piece.
I hope you get to make it soon and let me know what you think of it when you do!