Easter is just around the corner! Celebrate with these incredible Reese’s Egg Chocolate Cookies! They’re a perfect way to usher in springtime!
Easter is one of my most favorite holidays. How about for you? I love what it represents and that all the world is coming alive after a long winter when Easter arrives. The grass turns green again and flowers bloom. Their pretty colors dot the landscape.
I can’t help but smile when I see the tulips first open up (they’re my favorite flower!). Everything looks picture perfect in the spring! The sun starts shining full time and the birds help us greet the morning with their happy tunes. The trees begin to bud with the first promise that the dull winter days are behind us.
I just love all of the delectable desserts that Easter brings with it. The Cadbury Egg Desserts and Carrot Cake confections are too tasty to turn down. These Cadbury Mini Egg Cookies are one of the most popular recipes on the blog! Easter candy is my favorite kind of candy! I always raid the store shelves for Reese’s Eggs. What’s your favorite kind of Easter candy? Today I crushed the candy eggs and incorporated them into the most incredible chocolate cookie! You’re going to love these!
My kids are looking forward to our annual Easter egg hunt and of course Easter Sunday dinner. There’s always baked ham, cheesy potatoes, homemade rolls and Carrot Cake for dessert. What are your favorite Easter traditions? Is Easter Brunch on the docket? We are not big on dying eggs, but the kids do love to hunt for filled eggs. 🙂
A big part of our Easter celebrations surround delicious food, especially desserts! I know you’re going to be head over heels for these Reese’s Egg Chocolate Cookies! They are a chocolate lover’s dream come true! We shared some with friends and they could not get enough of them!
I love the pretty pastel colors of the Reese’s Eggs! They just scream “spring”! Nestled inside each one is the tastiest little bit of peanut butter with a crunchy outer coating. The texture cannot be beat! They are made to be put into cookies! I always crush them coarsely for the ultimate beautiful effect and then I reserve some pieces so I can push them into the tops after they’re baked. This is my tip and secret for drool-worthy cookies that will draw you in at first sight and then make your taste buds sing at first bite! 🙂
I hope your Easter time festivities include these Reese’s Egg Chocolate Cookies! I feel like the chocolate cookie base is the perfect complement for the peanut butter candy eggs. Because chocolate and peanut butter were meant to be together! Am I right?!
And if you’re looking for more peanut butter cookie ideas, be sure to bake up these Cadbury Eggs Peanut Butter Cookies! I just love how the melty chocolate oozes out when you bite into these cookies! They stay so fresh and soft, too, when kept in an airtight bag or container. Share them with friends and family at the annual Easter Egg Hunt or Easter gathering! Everyone will be coming back for more!
Reese's Eggs Chocolate Cookies
- 3/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Reese's Pieces Eggs, crushed coarsely
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly grease the cookie sheets or line with nonstick baking liners.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar for 2 minutes on medium high speed, until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract and mix until well combined and the mixture lightens in color, scraping down the sides of the bowl in between.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix just until incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and crushed Reese's Eggs by hand.
- Form or scoop the dough into 1 1/2" balls and place at least 2" apart on the cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 9 minutes, or just until set.
- Let cool on the cookie sheets for a few minutes before carefully removing them to a cooling rack to cool completely. Press additional crushed Reese's Eggs in the top just after removing them from the oven, if desired.
- Store in an airtight container after they're cooled completely to retain freshness.
Happy Easter and Happy Easter baking! Enjoy!
Leave a Reply