Start your day off right with a delicious, satisfying Sausage, Egg, and Chipotle Breakfast Sandwich!
I’ve always been a huge breakfast person, a firm believer that it is the most important meal of the day. It gets me fueled and ready to go! I never skip it. When school is in session, our morning meal is typically really simple. The kids always request pancakes. But I’ll make a huge batch of batter on Monday and use it throughout the week.
I love eating cold cereal, but I always seem to be hungry an hour later when I do. So I prefer a nice, hearty, warm breakfast instead, that will tide me over until lunch. Today’s breakfast sandwich is packed with goodness and is sure to keep that stomach happy for a long while!
Scrambled eggs, spinach, green onions, sun-dried tomatoes, feta cheese, sausage and chipotle peppers all marry to produce the most incredible flavor explosion your mouth will experience.
Our family took a trip to the Grand Canyon a few months ago and, while there, we stopped in Sedona, Arizona. It is the cutest little town! If you ever get the chance to visit, you’ll be glad you did. We ate lunch at a darling little place called The Wildflower Cafe. Everything we had there was completely delicious.
But something on the breakfast menu caught my eye immediately. It was a Sausage, Egg and Chipotle Breakfast Sandwich. I was scanning the ingredients and thinking, “Now that’s got to be amazing!” So I took careful note and set out to re-create it in my own kitchen.
Don’t be afraid of the chipotle peppers. You can remove the seeds and they’ll just add a hint of spice. Or, if you’re a little more adventurous about heat like me, leave the seeds in. I dare you to go for the gusto!
Sausage, Egg, Chipotle Breakfast Sandwich
- 8 oz. breakfast sausage
- 1 c. chopped fresh spinach
- 2 Tbsp. chipotle peppers in adobo sauce from the can, remove the seeds for less heat
- 1 Tbsp. sun-dried tomatoes from the jar packed in oil, chopped
- 1/4 c. feta cheese
- 1 stalk green onion diced
- 9 large eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over the stove top, cook and crumble breakfast sausage until no longer pink. Drain most of the grease, but leave a little (about 1/2 to 1 Tbsp.) so the eggs won't stick to the pan. Add chipotle peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, green onion and eggs. Add salt and pepper to taste. Scramble eggs while cooking over the stove top while moving the mixture around with a spatula.
- When egg mixture is almost done, add feta and spinach and cook until spinach wilts and eggs are done to your liking.
- Serve immediately on toasted bagels, English muffins, or rolls.
Plus, it’s a one-pan wonder! I made it all in my cast iron skillet. Less dirty dishes equals winning! It really does come together quickly, too. Granted, it’s no pour-and-go bowl of cereal, but it’s well worth the little bit of extra effort, I assure you.
This breakfast sandwich will not disappoint! The flavors will blow your mind! Plus, it will feed a crowd! Serve it on toasted bagels, English muffins, rolls, whatever your heart desires! You’ll crave it every morning!