This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone #FreschettaFresh #CollectiveBias
Make dinner time a breeze with Freschetta Naturally Rising Pizza and a quick leafy green salad with shrimp and apples! Everyone will love it!
We have pizza night at least once a week at our house. I’ve always made it a point to gather the family around the dinner table for our nighttime meal, no matter how busy we may be. But, at times that means popping a frozen pizza in the oven and throwing a salad together for a side. The kids look forward to these evenings and ask all the time, “Is it pizza night?!”
I always keep a large supply of Freschetta Rising Crust Pizza in our freezer. It’s the best and freshness you can taste! Our favorites are the Canadian Style Bacon & Pineapple and the Signature Pepperoni. When a hectic day calls for a simple yet family-pleasing meal, this is just what the dr. ordered!
Each Freschetta pizza involves a perfect blend of 3 grains that are kneaded and rolled for dough that rises naturally. The sauce is made with 4 vine-ripened tomatoes and it’s topped with 100% real provolone and mozzarella cheeses. Don’t miss out on this Ibotta offer!
It bakes up in a flash and then there’s almost no clean up afterwards! Which is just what this busy mom of four needs when she’s helping with homework and music practice and taxiing kids to and from church activities.
It’s easy to find in the frozen aisles at Walmart.
I’ve told my husband many times that I could seriously eat pizza for every meal and never tire of it! We both agree on that sentiment. Especially if it’s Freschetta!
Whoever came up with combining a bread crust, tomato sauce, and cheese was pure genius! It’s a match made in heaven and makes me smile every time!
And because I never want to overly-complicate the side dish when I’m trying to simplify in the dinner department, I usually serve a quick leafy green salad and fruit of some sort with our pizza. Last time I put the two together and came up with this Shrimp and Apple Salad. I topped it with a simple homemade Apple Balsamic Dressing. It disappeared in a flash!
I made the dressing a few hours early and kept it in the refrigerator until I was ready to serve the salad. Then I cooked some purple onions and apple slices in some garlic and olive oil and threw in the shrimp for the last few minutes. Lastly I strained the excess liquid and put it over some leafy greens with a generous drizzling of the Apple Balsamic Dressing.
Shrimp and Apple Salad
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic minced
- 1/2 purple onion sliced, quartered and separated
- 1 large apple I used Honey Crisp
- 10 oz. shrimp peeled, deveined, tails removed
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 6 oz. baby greens
- Sunflower seeds for garnish optional
- Apple Balsamic Dressing:
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Apple Juice from concentrate
- 1 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of Salt or to taste
- Pinch of Pepper
- For the dressing, add all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- For the salad, saute onion and apples with olive oil and garlic until onions start to soften. Add shrimp and cook while tossing for an additional 2 minutes, or just until shrimp turn pink. Stir in paprika and cayenne pepper. Drain excess liquids and add mixture to the top of the leafy greens. Top with sunflower seeds if desired. Toss with dressing and serve immediately.
Does your family have a designated pizza night like we do? What do you like to serve with it? I’d love to get some new ideas!