This Skillet Chili Roni is an easy weeknight meal that’s all made in one pan and so delicious! No one will complain about this dinner!
With four kids doing distance learning this year, I rely on simple meals. By the time we’re done with school I’ve mentally and physically checked out for the day. 🙂
At that point, I need a meal that doesn’t cause much fuss or thinking. This is it! It’s like chili. Wait, no, it’s like macaroni. Scratch that. It’s both! And it’s the most amazing combo!
I love that this only requires one skillet and the clean up is so easy! Just like with this Chicken Fajita Skillet Meal, this Beefy Noodle Skillet Meal and this Skillet Lasagna, you’ll be singing praises as you whip it up and as you enjoy it afterwards! Everything about this meal is just amazing!
It’s so flavorful and hearty, with the ground beef, beans and macaroni. It’s everything you love about chili, but in pasta form.
With every bite, you’ll think about how glad you are that you chose to make dinner rather than grab takeout. It’ll warm you through and make you smile!
As you look at the lack of dirty dishes in the sink afterwards, you’ll pat yourself on the back. Good choice! Good work! This is a totally family-pleasing, let’s-enjoy-this-very-often, kind of meal. Add a little shredded cheddar on top, maybe some sour cream and dig in!
Skillet Chili Roni
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 16 oz. tomato sauce
- 4 c. beef broth
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 2 c. elbow macaroni uncooked
- 1 can 15.5 oz kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Shredded cheddar
- Sour Cream
- In a large skillet over the stove top, saute diced onion, diced green bell pepper and minced garlic in olive oil until the onions and peppers are tender. Add hamburger and cook, while breaking it up, until it's no longer pink. Drain grease.
- Add tomato sauce, beef broth, basil, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, oregano and sugar and stir. Bring it to a rolling boil, then stir in the macaroni. Allow it to continue to boil (uncovered), stirring often so the macaroni doesn't stick to the bottom of the skillet, until the macaroni is tender and the liquids reduce and cook in. This took about 15 minutes.
- Stir in kidney beans, heat through for about a minute, then serve immediately, topped with shredded cheddar and sour cream, if desired.
I hope you add this Skillet Chili Roni to the menu very soon! I’d love to hear what you think when you try it!