This Skillet Taco Pasta is an easy, delicious weeknight meal the whole family is sure to love! Taco Tuesday just got so much tastier!
Do you celebrate Taco Tuesday at your house? We try to as often as possible! I like to switch it up by serving the classic taco, Taco-Stuffed Shells, Crockpot Chicken Tacos, Loaded Nachos (I add taco seasoning to the meat), and Taco Rice Casserole. Which would be your favorite version of tacos?
We look forward to Tuesday evening at our house, for good reason! I’ve added a new version of tacos to our list with this Skillet Taco Pasta! I love that it comes together in a hurry and has such wonderful flavor, from the delicious seasonings to the Mexican tomatoes and chiles, etc. This is a hearty, yummy dish that the family will be begging for week after week!
To make this dish, you’ll first brown the hamburger with the onions and minced garlic. Then you’ll add beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, diced tomatoes and green chiles, pasta, taco seasoning and little chili powder. Then you’ll let that boil, then simmer and cook until the noodles are tender, before stirring in the corn and shredded cheese to finish it off. Then, load it up with your favorite toppings such as diced avocados, diced tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, and sour cream!
The result is a phenomenal treat for the taste buds! I love skillet meals, don’t you? I have so many favorites from the Creamy Tuscan Skillet Pasta to the Skillet Lasagna and the Beefy Noodle Skillet Meal and Creamy Cajun Linguine Skillet Meal. This Skillet Taco Pasta is top on that list now! So good! I know you’re going to love it!
School is starting up here this week here for my kids, so I’m going to be reaching for easy, family-pleasing recipes like this to get me through the busy evenings. My kids always come home, eager to spend time with me and their dad, but there’s also homework to be done, sports and musical instruments to practice. So much to do!
I love to serve a home-cooked meal whenever possible, so I opt for simplicity when it comes to our dinners. But simple to make doesn’t have to mean simple on flavor! On the contrary, this Skillet Taco Pasta is loaded with yummy ingredients that will delight and “wow” your palate! Give it a try this week for dinner and you’ll see what I’m talking about. You’ll be so glad you did!
Skillet Taco Pasta
- 1 lb. lean hamburger ground beef
- 1/2 of a large yellow onion diced finely
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 3 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can 10 oz Rotel (diced tomatoes and green chilies), undrained
- 10 oz. about 2 1/2 cups pasta, uncooked (I used Cellentani)
- 1/2 c. yellow corn
- 1 c. black beans drained and rinsed from the can (optional)
- 1 1/2 c. shredded cheese I used Colby Jack
- Toppings: green onions cilantro, sour cream, diced tomatoes, diced avocado, salsa
- In a large skillet over the stove top, brown hamburger with diced onions and minced garlic, until meat is no longer pink and onions are translucent. Drain the grease, if there is any.
- Add beef broth, taco seasoning, chili powder, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, Rotel, and uncooked pasta. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Push pasta under the liquids as much as possible, cover the skillet with a lid, then reduce heat slightly and simmer on medium-high heat until the pasta is tender and the liquids have mostly cooked out. Stir every so often, but replace the lid afterwards.
- When the pasta is tender, stir in the corn and shredded cheese until melted (and black beans, if desired). Stir on the stovetop on low heat until everything is heated through.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings, as listed above.
Whether it’s for Taco Tuesday or any other night of the week, this Skillet Taco Pasta is sure to become a family favorite meal! Enjoy!
For all other skillet recipes go HERE.