This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AllStarSnackBar #CollectiveBias
All the goodness of a S’more in a gooey, delicious caramel popcorn ball! Marshmallows, chocolate chunks, graham crackers, caramel and popcorn were meant to be together!
It’s football season and with it comes lots and lots of get-togethers with friends and delicious things to eat! Today I can’t wait to share an amazing dessert that’s sure to be a hit at your game time party!
I admit that I’m not one to watch a game from start to finish. But, I really look forward to the tasty appetizers and treats that accompany the special event. Yes, I said it. I’m basically just there for the food. 🙂
But if there’s one thing a football-watching party cannot do without, it’s buttery, savory popcorn! I thought it would be especially fun and yummy to smother it in homemade, warm caramel and toss in some mini marshmallows, graham cracker chunks, and chocolate pieces for good measure. Because I LOVE S’mores!
I have a feeling you’re going to give three cheers for these caramel popcorn balls! They are sure to make the occasion memorable, even if your team doesn’t pull through for you.
These are SO easy to make and kids and adults will go wild for them! Plus, they are sure to take the excitement of the Big Game up at least ten notches! Because who doesn’t love caramel and popcorn and s’mores?!
It all starts with some Orville Redenbacher® Movie Theater Butter Popcorn. It is the not-so-secret “trick” behind today’s buttery, make-you-grin-from-ear-to-ear, sticky, sweet treat!
It’s easy to find on the snacks and candy aisle at Walmart.
S’Mores Caramel Popcorn Balls
- 2 Bags Orville Redenbacher's Movie Theater Butter Popcorn Classic Bag popped and kernels removed (or about 12 c. popped popcorn)
- 2 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. light corn syrup
- 5 Tbsp. butter
- dash of salt 1/8 tsp.
- 1 can 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/2 c. mini marshmallows
- 1 1/2 c. chocolate chunks
- 1 1/2 c. graham crackers chopped into medium-sized pieces
- Pop popcorn and remove all unpopped kernels. Pour it into a large bowl. Make the caramel by stirring together brown sugar, light corn syrup, butter, and salt in a pot over the stovetop on medium-high heat.
- Allow it to come to a boil and boil for 2 minutes while stirring often. Stir in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Return to a boil while stirring often. Immediately remove from heat after it comes to a boil and pour over popped popcorn.
- Gently stir up from the bottom and toss to fully coat popcorn. Allow it to cool for at least ten minutes before stirring in the marshmallows, chocolate chunks and graham cracker pieces (or the marshmallows and chocolate will melt). Form it into balls and place on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Serve while fresh.
Find more delicious inspiration for your game day parties here. I hope you enjoy these delightful popcorn balls! We couldn’t resist them!
Samantha K says
Chelsea @ Life With My Littles says