Not much is better than a tall glass of milk with a soft brownie-like cookie studded with melty, warm chocolate chips! You won’t be able to stop at just one!
I feel like I’m always on a cookie kick! I’m never not in the mood for a cookie or two or ten. 🙂
That’s the wonderful or terrible thing about cookies…I can eat them by the boat load and still want more. 🙂
A few years back, I posted these best ever Chewy Brownie Cookies and, lest you get worried, I’m not trying to replace those in any way. Today’s cookies are soft and sort of cake-like, but they are different than a chewy brownie. It’s all about what mood you’re in.
I’m always yearning for chocolate, so most often when I make cookies, they include it in some form…white, dark, milk, or semi-sweet. I’ll take all of them! How about you? Do you have a preference?
These cookies are a chocolate-lover’s dream come true! Oh my! Every bite is heaven!
I’ve always been a soft cookie person. Are you the same way? I’d rather not waste the calories on a hard, crunchy cookie. But give me a pillowy, chocolate-dense cookie and you might as well say goodbye to that entire cookie jar.
There’s a super secret ingredient in these cookies that gives them their incredible melt-in-your-mouth texture and deep chocolate flavor and that is a chocolate pudding mix! I’m seriously wanting to add pudding to all my cookies from here on out.
These handheld delights will leave your jaw hanging! They’re a slight spin on my Death by Chocolate Bars recipe, so if you haven’t made those yet, you should do so very soon.
My little cookie monsters tried to sneak these by the handful. I had to stand guard so we could save some for our dinner guests.
These are the kind of cookies that make you feel a little selfish because you want others to enjoy them, but you also want to just hoard them. But, I overcame those feelings and generously gave the rest of the batch to our meal time visitors because they were all heart eyes over them. And I figured I’d be kind to my waistline just this once. 🙂
Soft Batch Brownie Cookies
- 1 c. 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 c. light brown sugar packed
- 1 pkg 3.9 oz. chocolate instant pudding and pie filling (dry, unprepared)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 c. flour
- 1/4 c. baking cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 heaping c. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking cocoa, pudding mix, baking soda and salt. Add to wet mixture and mix until incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips. Scoop dough into balls with a 1 1/2" cookie scoop and place on greased or baking mat-lined cookie sheets. Bake for approximately 8 minutes. Don't overbake or they won't be soft! Allow them to cool on the cookie sheets for a few minutes before removing them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
I hope you enjoy these! They are on my list of top best cookies of all time! I’d love to hear what you think of them!