This post is sponsored by Green Giant. All opinions are my own.
Had a busy day? Put together a dinner the whole family will love in 30 minutes or less with this Spaghetti and Butternut Squash Skillet Meal made with Green Giant® Veggie Spirals®!
This time of year is so busy! With each day that gets us closer to Christmas, I find it harder to muster up the desire and energy to make dinner. Between all the holiday preparations and having the kids home full time doing school, things get a bit chaotic. But, when I know I can create something my kids and husband will cheer about in under half an hour and in just one pan, I’m all in!
This one’s a total keeper! Thanks to new Green Giant® Veggie Spirals®, it’s so simple, quick and delicious! And clean up is a breeze because it’s made in one pan! Just whip up the sauce, then fold in steamed Green Giant® Veggie Spirals® Spaghetti Squash and serve it over steamed Green Giant® Veggie Spirals® Butternut Squash.
I’m telling you, this is phenomenal! I love that I can swap in veggies in place of the pasta and my family still goes wild for it! In fact, they came back for seconds, and that doesn’t happen very often! I’m taking it as a huge compliment and a sign that I need to make this meal very regularly! We didn’t even miss the pasta!
My freezer is stocked with Green Giant® Veggie Spirals®! They make dinner time so effortless! Now I don’t stress over what to make, because I know I can create something incredible for my family any night of the week with these as star players.
For this dish, I incorporated Green Giant® Veggie Spirals® Spaghetti Squash and Butternut Squash varieties. Both are cut and spiralized directly from spaghetti or butternut squash. No sauce or seasoning has been added. The Veggie Spirals, combined with the turkey sausage, make this skillet meal lighter, yet so satisfying and totally tasty!
To make this delicious dinner, first prepare the sauce by cooking some ground turkey sausage with some diced green bell peppers and sliced mushrooms in a skillet over the stove top. When the turkey is cooked completely through and the veggies are tender, add some tomato sauce, Italian diced tomatoes, and seasonings, then stir and allow it to simmer. Then, fold in some Green Giant® Veggie Spirals® Spaghetti Squash that have been steamed in the microwave according to package directions.
Lastly, steam some Green Giant® Veggie Spirals® Butternut Squash according to the instructions on the package, add the hearty sauce/topping and enjoy!
Spaghetti and Butternut Squash Skillet Meal
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 lb. turkey sausage
- 1/2 of a green bell pepper diced
- 1 heaping cup sliced white mushrooms
- 1 can 14.5 oz Italian style diced tomatoes
- 1 can 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 pkg. Green Giant® Veggie Spirals® Spaghetti Squash 10 oz
- 1 pkg. Green Giant® Veggie Spirals® Butternut Squash
- In a large skillet over the stove top on medium-high heat, add olive oil.
- Add diced green bell pepper, sliced mushrooms and turkey sausage.
- Cook, while breaking up the sausage, until the sausage is completely cooked through and veggies are tender.
- Add Italian style diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano and stir.
- Let the sauce simmer over medium-low heat, uncovered, for around 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Steam Green Giant® Veggie Spirals® Spaghetti Squash according to package directions, then gently shred it with a fork and fold it into the sauce mixture.
- Steam Green Giant® Veggie Spirals® Butternut Squash according to package directions and serve the sauce over it.
This is so flavorful and absolutely irresistible! Every bite is bliss! My kids are already asking when I’m going to make this again.
I hope your family enjoys this as much as mine does!