This is a sponsored conversation on behalf of Kimberly-Clark and The Motherhood. The opinions and text are all mine.
Spring cleaning is made easy with these simple organizing hacks that will declutter and refresh your home for the warmer seasons ahead!
After a long winter, the first signs of spring are always a relief! The birds singing in the trees, the flowers and trees blooming and sunshine galore! I look forward to the grass turning back to green and being able to open my doors and windows and let the fresh air flow through the house. There’s just something about this season that makes me want to spruce up my home too! I can’t say that I necessarily love the process, but I relish the results when everything is in its place and looking top notch!
Last week I shared a printable 30 Day Cleaning Schedule to make the sometimes daunting tasks much more manageable. Today, I can’t wait to let you in on some things I am doing to tackle the clutter!
If I had to choose one area in my home that was always messy, it would definitely be my craft area. Project aftermath is always scattered around and the shelves which were once meant to keep supplies in tact are spilling over from haphazard replacement.
It gets to the point where it’s nearly impossible to find anything without wasting lots of time shuffling through the helter skelter.
So I decided that this needed to be my area of focus. The shelves were layered in dust from moving not too long ago and remodel work that’s been going on more recently at our home. So I headed to my one-stop cleaning supply shop, Walmart, and picked up some things, at a great price, to help me conquer the mess.
Viva®, Scott® and Cottonelle® products are my go-to cleanup aids and were so easy to find in the paper towel aisles at Walmart.
I also knew I could make use of a large canvas tote, a cleaning supply caddy, and metal paper towel holder. I was armed and ready! 🙂
So here’s where my advice comes in…
1. Take baby steps. If you’re like me and nearly have a panic attack when piles of materials are strewn everywhere on the floor and you’re trying to get it all back in place but know it will never happen in one sitting with kids and other distractions, just work on one shelf or compartment at a time. Pulling everything off of an entire storage unit and staring at the mess can be very overwhelming, but taking on one small area at a time is totally do-able!
I removed the items, dusted the space with Viva Big Roll Paper Towels, and then got started organizing the materials. I love that all Viva towels are strong and durable like cloth with a soft and smooth texture, so I didn’t worry about damaging the painted wood. One section was plenty to treat the area.
Viva® Vantage has a scrubby terry-cloth-like texture, so it’s perfect for cleaning stainless steel appliances, stovetops, bathroom counters, patio furniture, and other grimy surfaces.
2. Use buckets and metal baskets for smaller item organization that’s both functional and decorative! These storage options keep the mess contained while making the items easily accessible and they look great too!
3. Use a large canvas bin to store fabric scraps. It’s both stylish and practical! Now I can see all of the options and they’re neatly folded and tucked in one place! And, as you can see, I have plenty of space to add more remnants in the future. 🙂 Remember the “Before” picture above with plastic bags full of crumpled material? Well, this is what it turned into!
Ahhhh….it feels so good to have that under my belt! Now I can find everything so much more easily and can craft happy in this tidy space!
Then, since I was on a roll, I just had to conquer my baking cupboard mess while I had the momentum. I’m almost embarrassed to show you inside, but now you’ll trust me that this was a task that needed to be accomplished.
I first wiped out the crumbs with my Viva Paper Towels and then set to work organizing my supplies.
3. Mini baskets are perfect for storing sprinkles, food coloring, toothpicks and other small baking ingredients/accessories like chocolate chips, candy melts, sucker sticks, and cupcake liners. They offer order while concealing the mess. I’m a basket hoarder, so I rummaged through my closets and put them to use! Ahhh…so much better! Now I don’t have to worry about getting a surprise plunk on the head with a wayward canister of sprinkles when I open the cupboard.
Next, I gave the bathroom a quick pick me up.
4. Paper towel holders work great for toilet paper roll storage! I fit three rolls of our favorite Scott® and Cottonelle® products onto it.
Cottonelle has a CleanRipple texture for the ultimate comfort while cleaning better than the national leading brand! Scott 1000 is quality care and wiping performance in long-lasting 1,000 sheet rolls! Because I’d like the spring cleaning mentality to extend to our bathroom practices too. 🙂
I hope you’ve found these tips helpful! Happy spring cleaning! Be sure to visit the Kimberly-Clark Family Care Walmart site for more great products to make the spring cleaning easier!
What pointers do you have to add to this list? I’d love to hear in the comments section below!