These pretty green and white St. Patrick’s Day Cupcakes will help you celebrate the special day in a delicious way! Who knows, they might even give you a bit of extra luck too!
I grew up looking forward to these cupcakes every St. Patrick’s Day. My siblings and I knew that when we walked in the door from school, wearing all green for pinch protection, that mom would have these delightful confections waiting for us. And we had a hard time limiting ourselves to just one!
I love that they’re green from the tasty pistachio pudding mix inside. They’re homemade with that made-from-scratch, unbeatable taste, but come together every bit as effortlessly as a boxed cake mix.
Baking makes me so happy and making goodies for my children that I enjoyed as a kid makes me even happier! Another of our St. Patrick’s Day traditions, growing up, included watching Darby O’ Gill and the Little People. Have you seen it? Now that it’s on Disney+ I’ll be showing it to my kids this year!
I used to imagine myself finding the leprechaun and scoring my three wishes. Now my kids try each March 17th to catch their own lucky leprechaun! They thoughtfully design their traps, then meticulously create them in the hopes of ensnaring the unsuspecting little guy! They try to entice him with money and candy. They even write little notes to him, hoping to convince him to stay at our house, just for a day.
I can’t wait to surprise my kids with these festive cupcakes on the lucky day! Do you do anything special to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with your kids?
My kids always beg me to make green scrambled eggs, but I have to admit that it makes me cringe a little to even prepare them that way. I do not like green eggs and ham, Sam I Am! Haha!
These pistachio cupcakes studded with mini chocolate chips and topped with fluffy cream cheese frosting are absolutely delightful! I hope they become a St. Patrick’s Day tradition for you too! I topped them with green sprinkles and green M&M’s to make them even more festive!
One thing’s for sure! These cupcakes will avoid being pinched!
St. Patrick’s Day Cupcakes
- 1 3/4 c. flour
- 1 3.4 ounce pkg. instant pistachio pudding and pie filling (unprepared)
- 3/4 c. miniature chocolate chips
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 beaten large eggs
- 1 1/4 c. milk
- 1/2 c. vegetable or canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 block 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 1/2 c. butter softened
- 4 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, dry pudding, mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with a fork or whisk. Whisk in milk, oil and vanilla with the eggs. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir just until combined.
- Line muffin tins with cupcake papers. Fill each one 2/3 of the way with batter. Bake for approximately 15-17 minutes, or just until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Carefully remove them from the pans and allow them to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- If you’re going to swirl the frosting onto the cupcakes, you’ll need to double the frosting recipe above. To make the frosting, cream together cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla extract in the bowl of a mixer and beat until fluffy. You may need to add a little extra powdered sugar to achieve the right consistency if you are going to be swirling the frosting onto the cupcakes. Frost, sprinkle, and enjoy!
The first bite is the most dangerous, because you won’t be able to stop! 🙂 They’re addicting in a very good way!