Got Girl Scout cookies? Put them to use in this delicious Thin Mint Sandwich Cookies dessert!
I just can’t get enough of the Thin Mints this time of year! What is your favorite type of Girl Scout cookie?
I get so excited for February to roll around because it means I can stock up on these delicious packaged cookies! Once I got my stash, I set to work creating this luscious treat!
I love a good sandwich cookie, don’t you? Plus, chocolate and mint were meant to be married! I added crushed Thin Mints to the cookie dough and larger Thin Mints cookie chunks to the mint buttercream frosting. You’re going to fall in love at bite one!
This makes a perfect St. Patrick’s Day dessert too, with the festive green frosting!
If you love mint cookie ice cream, you are going to be crazy for these sandwich cookies! All I could think about was how similar it tasted to one of my favorite ice cream flavors of all time.
And now the question is, how many is too many when it comes to stocking up on Thin Mints boxes? Because I bought a bunch! I couldn’t help myself! They’re too delicious! I love to enjoy them for an afternoon snack and then I need plenty to put in my homemade cookies and brownies too! 🙂
Cookies are so much better when there’s two of them and frosting in between, don’t you think so? 🙂 I love how, when you take the first bite, the frosting oozes out the sides and then you just have to lick it. We wouldn’t want it to go to waste, after all. 🙂
These are fudgey and so chocolatey good! My kids were wondering why I didn’t make them bigger! I think they dream of eating sandwich cookies as big as their heads, haha! Like mother, like child.
Thin Mint Sandwich Cookies
- 1 c. butter softened
- 3/4 c. brown sugar packed
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. baking cocoa
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c. crushed Thin Mint Cookies
- 1/2 c. butter softened
- 3 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. mint extract
- 3-4 drops green food coloring
- 3 Tbsp. milk or just enough for thinning
- 1/2 c. Thin Mint cookie crumbles coarsely crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line cookie sheets with nonstick liners or spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together softened butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture and mix just until incorporated. Mix in 3/4 c. Thin Mints cookie crumbs.
- Form dough into 1 1/2" balls and place on prepared cookie sheet at least 2" apart.
- Flatten dough balls with palms of hands.
- Place cookies in the oven and bake for approximately 7-8 minutes. No more than 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let them sit for a few minutes, then carefully remove them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, cream together softened butter, powdered sugar, mint extract, green food coloring, and milk. Add the milk slowly, one Tablespoons at a time, creaming in between, just until a nice creamy consistency is reached. Gently fold in 1/2 c. Thin Mints cookie crumbles. Frost sandwich cookies.
You definitely need to find a Girl Scout and snag some Thin Mints as soon as possible, then make these phenomenal cookies! You’ll be craving them year round until you get your next shipment!
Go HERE for more delicious cookie recipes like this!