This post is sponsored by Foster Farms. All opinions are my own. #BeBoldAnywhere
Maintaining the will and drive to achieve those healthy new year’s resolutions after January and February can be tough! But it’s totally possible with these five easy tips!
We’ve all been there. We have the best intentions in December and January when we set those goals for how we want to better ourselves in the new year. We start out with a gusto and crush the first few weeks of our exercise routines and healthy eating intentions. And then February hits and the workouts are fewer and further between. And then the nutrition starts to slide.
This was me every year until 2018! At the beginning of last year, I decided I was going to make some changes with the way I did things and maintain them from there on out! I started an intense exercise program and signed up for a challenging 7 mile trail race with my sister. I was much more selective about the foods I put into my body. By the end of the year, I was in the best shape of my life and ready to conquer a half marathon in 2019!
I’m here to tell you it’s completely possible to achieve those health and fitness goals you set for yourself, and it’s the best feeling when you do! Here’s how I did it over the last year!
- Surround yourself with convenient, make-you-feel-good snacks! During my busy day, I don’t have extra time to devote to what I’m going to eat between meals when those hunger pangs hit. So I like to have lots of wholesome, yummy snacks readily available and within arm’s reach. Whenever I open a bag of Bold Bites, I can’t help but smile, because, not only are they completely delicious, but they don’t contain any artificial colors, flavors, nitrates or nitrites. I love that Bold Bites are so easy to tote around while I’m out and about, and they make the perfect pre or post workout snack too!I need all the energy I can get before starting my long runs for my half marathon training program (sometimes I run 20+ miles in a week), so I fuel my body with good things like nuts, veggies, fruits and Bold Bites before putting feet to the pavement.
If you live in California, Washington, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, Texas, Colorado, Wyoming, New Mexico, Idaho, Montana or Hawaii, you’re in luck, because Bold Bites are up for grabs at your local grocery store! Look for them at at Walmart, Target, Kroger, Safeway, Save Mart, Lucky’s, Albertsons and Vons!
I love all the varieties, but I have to say that the Chile Verde are my favorite, being a Southwest girl and all. 🙂
2. Drink more water! This sounds super straightforward and simple, but it’s a daily struggle! I like to keep a water bottle with me at all times or within close reach as a reminder to keep sipping!
3. Commit to the changes whole-heartedly! Get determined, then press forward as if there is no option to stop or turn back. Set yourself up for success by joining a workout group, finding an accountability partner, or signing up for a fitness event that you will need to consistently work towards (i.e. 5k, 10k, etc.).
4. Check your progress regularly and recommit to do better. The best way to stay on track is to set smaller, attainable goals, then work towards them and evaluate your progress at the end of each week. Stay positive and don’t be too hard on yourself!
5. Reward yourself for your successes! Incentives really work! For me, a cute new workout outfit was motivation enough to tackle last year’s grueling trail race. For you it might be dinner at your favorite restaurant, a trip to the spa, or a fun night out without the kids!
I’m so excited for what this next year brings in my fitness journey! I hope you found these tips helpful! So tell me, what do you hope to achieve in 2019 and what steps are you taking to crush your goals? I wish you all the best!