Do you enjoy trail mix by the handfuls like me? Well then these Trail Mix Cookies are for you! Yummy and soft and loaded with nuts, M&M’s and raisins!
I polled all of y’all on Instagram, asking if you are raisin fans. Guess what? It’s a 50/50 break! I’m one of those who typically detests raisins in my desserts. But, funny enough, I don’t mind them as much when they are in trail mix. As long as they are combined with nuts and chocolate so I don’t have to taste them as much, haha!
I had some snack sized trail mix bags laying around in my pantry and the little light bulb went off. I love when that happens! So I made a delicious cookie base and literally tossed that trail mix in the mixing bowl. These are delightful, raisins and all!
Although if raisins make you gag like they do for me normally, then you are totally free to pick them out of the trail mix before you toss it in. Problem solved! But trust me when I say you’re going to want to make these! I’m a huge fan! And you know I’ve made bajillions of cookies in my lifetime, so you can totally trust me. 🙂
I threw in some chocolate chips too, because this girl can never have too much chocolate. I love filling the cookie jar each week and then sending the kiddos with one in their lunch or letting them grab one after school. It makes for a delicious and quick treat!
We all need a little pick-me-up in our day and these totally do the trick! When the kids are in the next room over having their tenth quarrel for the evening, I’m in the kitchen stuffing my face with a Trail Mix Cookie. And then I live to face another day with the cute little rascals! I told you these cookies have magical powers!
Trail Mix Cookies
- 3/4 c. butter softened
- 3/4 c. brown sugar packed
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 c. plus 1/8 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. chocolate chips
- 1 c. trail mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease cookie sheets lightly or line them with nonstick baking mats.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix until incorporated. Add trail mix and chocolate chips and quickly mix for a few seconds.
- Form or scoop dough into 1 1/2" balls and place at least 2" apart on the cookie sheets.
- Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes. Set the timer for 8 and check so you don't over bake them. Allow them to cool on the cookie sheets for a few minutes before carefully removing them to cooling racks to cool completely.
So why not turn that trail mix into cookies? You’ll be glad you did!
For all other cookie recipes, go HERE.