These Very Merry Christmas M&M Cookies are sure to bring holiday cheer during this special time of year! Give them to neighbors, friends and family for a homemade gift they’re sure to enjoy!
It’s the most wonderful time of year! My family and I have a fun bucket list of festive activities to do during the month of December, including seeing the lights, visiting Santa, singing Christmas carols at the old folks home and visiting the festival of trees. This season is sure to be memorable and heartwarming!
Each year, I love to participate in the Sweetest Season Cookie Exchange where I join up with a bunch of blogging friends and share a tasty Christmas cookie recipe in support of Cookies for Kids’ Cancer. Cookies for Kids’ Cancer is a recognized 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to funding research for new, innovative and less-toxic treatments for childhood cancer. I hope you will consider donating to support this wonderful cause!
Since 2008, Cookies for Kids’ Cancer has granted nearly $18 million to pediatric cancer research in the form of 100+ research grants to leading pediatric cancer centers across the country. From these grants have stemmed 35+ treatments available to kids battling cancer today.
Cookies for Kids’ Cancer is in a matching window with their friends at OXO, who will be matching every dollar raised through the end of 2023, up to $100,000. Whatever money we raise will automatically double on the fundraising page!
These pretty cookies are studded with red and green mini M&Ms! They boast loads of Christmas sprinkles too! It’s like a Christmas explosion in your mouth with every delectable bite! These cookies Santa approved! Plus, his elves love them too! They are baked to perfection, so they’re incredibly soft and chewy.
It wouldn’t be Christmas time without lots of delicious cookies! Every December, I love to bake my way through my Christmas cookie list. A few of my favorites are these Christmas Cake Mix Cookies 3 Ways, these Soft Molasses Cookies, these Orange Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies, and these Grinch Cookies.
I really enjoy baking up a storm the week before Christmas and taking goodie plates to our neighbors with my family. It’s such a fun tradition! Who doesn’t love having fresh-baked cookies delivered straight to their door?! I know you’re going to love these cookies and so will all your friends!
If you’re hosting a holiday party, be sure to whip up a batch of these cookies and all the guests will sing your praises! You could of course use regular-sized M&M’s in these cookies, but I prefer the mini M&M’s because they’re just so stinking cute! And then there can be more of them in every bite. 🙂
You’ll add some M&M’s to the dough and then, after baking the cookies, you’ll press additional M&M’s into the tops of the cookies to make them look extra festive and delectable! Trust me when I say that Santa wants these cookies on Christmas Eve! I hope you’ll make them before the wonderful season ends! These cookies are amazing and one batch makes quite a few (around 3 dozen), so they’re party approved!
My kids always enjoy making cookies for Santa on Christmas Eve, and we love to make Christmas cookies all throughout the month, so I know we’ll be making these on repeat! The kids also get excited to curl up on the couch and watch Christmas movies almost every night of the week in our pajamas. Would it really be a movie night without cookies and possibly some hot chocolate on the side? It’s only Christmas once a year, after all!
Very Merry Christmas M&M Cookies
- 1 c. salted butter softened
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/3 c. Christmas sprinkles
- 1 c. mini Christmas M&M's (you can use regular-sized if you'd like) plus additional for topping the cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line cookie sheets with nonstick baking mats or lightly spray them with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter, granulated and brown sugars, vanilla and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together salt, baking soda, baking powder and flour.
- Add flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix just until incorporated. Dough will be slightly sticky.
- Scoop dough by 1/8 cupfuls, then roll it around in your hands to form a ball and place on cookie sheets 2" apart.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Be careful not to overbake!
- As soon as the cookies are out of the oven, press about 6 Christmas M&M's into the top of each cookie to make them extra pretty.
- Let cookies sit on cookie sheets for a few minutes, then carefully remove them to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container or bag.
Merry Christmas and happy holiday baking!
For all other Christmas dessert recipes, go HERE.