White chocolate and marshmallows are a made-to-be-married match, as you’ll clearly taste in these phenomenal White Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies! They’re so soft and gooey on the inside with the perfect chewy texture outside!
My kids started school last week. Online, at home school, to be exact. The kind where mom’s attention has to be constantly laser focused on helping each of the four of them succeed in their studies. Which means that I’ve been eating more cookies and chocolate, haha. All those yummy things that help me cope with change and chaos. And I’ve also been running more. Running really helps me to relieve stress and improve my mood and attitude. I figure it’s a good combo, lol!
And speaking of a good combo, have you ever eaten white chocolate and melted marshmallows together? It’s to die for! Throw in a hint of peanut butter and it just doesn’t get any better! I had a feeling, as I was mixing these up, and I was right. 🙂
Basically the process I go through when I’m creating a recipe is first, what am I in the mood for, lol. And second, what ingredients mesh well together in flavor and texture? I had never put marshmallows and white chocolate together, to my knowledge, but the thought of it intrigued me, so I went for it. And I was not disappointed!
I wanted the peanut butter flavor to be present, but not at all overwhelming, so there’s only 1/4 c. of it in the dough. Peanut butter and white chocolate are dreamy together! Now that combo I’ve definitely tasted and wanted to try again.
I’ve made and eaten quite a few cookies in my life, and these are some of my all time favorites! We’re talking top 10.
There’s one simple trick for keeping the marshmallows intact and perfectly puffy in the cookie while baking and that is to freeze them first. Otherwise they spread too much or dissolve into their surroundings.
White Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
- 1 c. butter softened
- 3/4 c. brown sugar packed
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 c. creamy peanut butter
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 c. white chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 c. mini marshmallows freeze them in a zip top bag for at least one hour before using and keep them in the freezer until you're ready to add them to the dough.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare cookie sheets by lining them with nonstick baking mats or spraying them lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together softened butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla, eggs, and peanut butter. Cream it well, scraping down the sides in between, until the batter lightens up.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Add flour mixture to wet mixture and mix until incorporated. Mix in white chocolate chips. Stir in frozen marshmallows by hand (keep the marshmallows in the freezer until you're ready to stir them into the dough).
- Scoop or form dough into 1 1/2" to 2" balls and place on prepared pan at least 2" apart.
- Bake for approximately 9 minutes. Be careful not to over bake.
- Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheets for at least 5 minutes before trying to remove them. The marshmallows will want to stick to the pan, so to avoid that, wipe your spatula clean with a damp cloth in between removing each cookie.
Now go forth and make these phenomenal cookies! Enjoy!
For all other cookie recipes go HERE.