When you’ve got that chocolate craving, look no further than these Cookies ‘n Cream Chocolate Cookie Bars! They’re so perfect for summer potlucks!
I feel like it’s been ages since I’ve shared a cookie recipe with you! Granted, it’s been like two weeks, but hey, that’s way too long! 🙂 I’ve been having cookie withdrawals!
My kids have been obsessed with cookies ‘n creme candy bars lately, so we had some in the cupboards and I decided we needed to make a dessert with them! We had company over one evening and served these. Everyone loved them! They’re super soft and chocolatey good!
My oldest son and daughter have taken an interest lately in baking, so we’ve been having lots of one-on-one time in the kitchen making yummy treats! My goal is to give them enough experience and instruction that they can bake me delicious cookies on command while I lounge on the sofa and watch my favorite show on Netflix. 🙂 That will be the day! Ha!
But, until that happens, I’ll be perfectly content to bond with my kids while creating tasty homemade desserts! We decided after trying these that they would be even better with chocolate chips in them, so I’ve added that to the recipe. My daughter said she wished we would have put chocolate frosting on them, lol. I’m of the opinion that you can just never have too much chocolate. Chocolate frosting may or may not be overkill, but I think chocolate chips would add the perfect touch!
Cookies ‘n Cream Chocolate Cookie Bars
- 1 c. butter softened
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 c. packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. baking cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- 3-4 Cookies 'n Creme Candy Bars broken into large pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 9"x13" cake pan with parchment paper so it hangs over the edges.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together softened butter, softened cream cheese, both sugars, eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix until fully incorporated. Stir in 1 c. dark chocolate chips.
- Press the mixture evenly into the parchment paper-lined pan. Press Cookies 'n Creme candy bar pieces into the top and bake for approximately 14-15 minutes, or just until set. Don't over bake!
- Let cool completely, cut into bars and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy these! My family’s already begging to enjoy these again!