Grab a cup of milk and a few Reese’s Pieces Cashew Cookies and prepare to smile! These soft and chewy cookies will capture your heart and taste buds at bite one!
I’ve always loved Reese’s Pieces. In fact, I can eat them by the handful if I don’t stop myself. I also love to find ways to take a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe up a few notches with yummy add-ins.
I feel like cashews and Reese’s Pieces were meant to be best friends. And I think you’ll feel the same way once you try these!
My kids and hubby typically hate it when I add nuts to cookies, but no one complained about the cashews in these!
With Halloween quickly approaching, I’ve got all things candy on the brain! When the kids go to school, I secretly pick through their bins and dig out a few of my favorite treasures. Shhhh….don’t tell! 🙂 I figure they won’t notice a minor dent in their already large supply of goodies.
After all the chocolate is gone out of their buckets, they don’t have to worry about mom raiding anymore.
Reese’s have always been top on my list of favorite candies. The peanut butter and chocolate combo is just too good! Which is why I think the concept of Reese’s Pieces is pure genius! I can enjoy lots of little chocolate and peanut butter crunchies in one bite! Plus, they’re perfectly suited for this time of year because of their pretty fall colors. 🙂
If I were you, I’d run to the kitchen right now and bake up a batch of these delightful cookies! You’ll be very glad you did.
Reese’s Pieces Cashew Cookies
- 1 c. butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 c. brown sugar packed
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. old-fashioned oats
- 1 c. Reese's Pieces plus more for pushing into the tops
- 3/4 c. cashews chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahnreheit. Lightly grease cookie sheets or line them with nonstick baking mats.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together softened butter, eggs, vanilla, brown sugar and white sugar. Scrape down the sides in between.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and old fashioned oats. Add flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix just until incorporated, scraping down the sides with a spatula in between.
- Stir in Reese's Pieces and chopped cashews.
- Scoop or form dough into 1 1/2" balls and place at least 2" apart on the cookie sheet. If you want a flatter cookie, press the dough balls slightly down with the palm of your hand before baking. If you want a taller cookie with more dimension, leave the dough balls as is and bake.
- Bake for approximately 8-9 minutes. Just after removing them from the oven, press additional Reese's Pieces into the tops of the cookies, if desired. Allow cookies to cool on pans for a few minutes before carefully removing them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Happy fall! I hope you enjoy these!
I know you’ll love these cookie recipes too!