If you are in need of the perfect 30 minute dinner idea that’s satisfying, delicious and simple, then this Beefy Noodle Skillet Meal is for you!
Dinner time around our house is always chaotic. I’m finishing up projects and catching up on cleaning. The kids are in and out of the house, needing my attention, and each taking their turn asking what’s for dinner (100,000 times). There’s usually about a million other things I need to or would rather be doing than making dinner. Does anyone else get a case of the evening grumpies? I’m tired from the day’s work and activities and don’t want to make another mess to have to clean up. Just me?
So lately I’ve been trying to keep things extra simple in the dinner department. We either grill so we can take the mess outside or I make a one-pan meal like today’s recipe! On occasion, if I’m really not feeling like doing any dishes, I use paper goods. Then I just have to wash the skillet and done!
I grew up eating Hamburger Helper on-the-regular. I have to say that I’ve never made Hamburger Helper for my own family. I think I burned out on it, ha! I’d say today’s dish is like a homemade Hamburger Helper. But it’s loads better! It’s got that made-with-love delicious flavor, but you can crank it out in about 30 minutes. It’s jam-packed with ground beef, egg noodles, diced tomatoes and green chiles and bell peppers, then combined with a cheesy sauce.
I got the idea for today’s casserole-in-a-skillet from a Hamburger Corn Casserole that I shared years back. It’s been a reader favorite since it went live. Except this one only dirties one pan! Winning!
I’m definitely adding this to the regular meal rotation! We all fell in love at bite one! There wasn’t a noodle to be seen afterwards. I’d call that a slam dunk!
Next time, when you’re not in the mood to make dinner, whip up this easy Beefy Noodle Skillet Meal. If there ever was a meal that basically made itself, this is it!
Beefy Noodle Skillet Meal
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 4 c. wide egg noodles
- 2 1/4 c. beef broth
- 1 can 10 oz Rotel (diced tomatoes and green chiles), drained
- 1 can 10 oz Cheddar Cheese Condensed Soup
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- In a large skillet or dutch oven over the stove top on medium heat, saute onion and bell pepper with minced garlic in the olive oil, until peppers are mostly tender and onions are translucent.
- Add ground beef and cook with onions and peppers, while breaking up, until hamburger is browned and completely cooked through. Drain the grease if there is any.
- Add egg noodles and beef broth. Stir gently. Turn on stovetop heat to medium-high and let it simmer, while stirring every half minute or so, until noodles are tender. Cover the pan in between stirring.
- Turn heat on low and stir in drained Rotel, Cheddar Cheese Soup, chili powder, salt and pepper. Warm through, then serve immediately.
Enjoy! Happy cooking!