This post is sponsored by Welch’s® Fruit Snacks. I am being compensated for this post. All comments and opinions are my own.
Skip the sandwich and make these easy Chicken Fajita Pinwheels for the kids! They’ll be all smiles when they open their lunch boxes!
I can’t believe another school year is already underway! It seems like I blinked and the summer was over, but we love a fresh start and new opportunities to learn and grow! The kids are excited about their teachers and to see their friends every day. Have your kids started school yet?
My kids love to bring lunch from home every day. I bet you can imagine how quickly they get tired of the traditional sandwich. So, I like to keep things interesting in the lunch department by switching out the main item. Our family loves chicken fajitas, so I thought it would be fun to make them in a convenient, non-messy rollup form so the kids can enjoy them at school! And of course, since Welch’s® Fruit Snacks are a staple around here, we included those in the lunch too!
I love that Welch’s Fruit Snacks are made with Real Fruit and fruit is the first ingredient, and you can really taste the difference! My kids love them! They are so yummy and a perfect add in to lunches or a perfect after school snack! I like to stock the pantry full of them, so we never run out! Be sure to use this handy locator to find Welch’s Fruit Snacks at a store near you!
This lunch wouldn’t be complete without America’s Favorite Fruit Snacks! I also included a cheese stick, baby carrots and a mini water with the Fajita Pinwheels. The kids are going to go wild for this one!
The colorful bell peppers, along with sweet onions, rotisserie chicken, cheddar cheese, and a creamy fajita-seasoned filling perfectly combine in these Chicken Fajita Pinwheels! Plus, they can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge to make lunch prep on busy school mornings a total breeze!
My goal for this school year is to encourage my kids to be more involved in the lunch making process. So, it’s lucky that these roll-ups are so simple for kids to stir and assemble! Then they can place them in their lunch box with their favorite sides like Welch’s Fruit Snacks, water, cheese and veggies, and run off to school to have a great day!
Chicken Fajita Pinwheels
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (I used rotisserie chicken)
- 1/3 cup diced purple onion
- 1/2 of a red orange and yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 6 oz. cream cheese softened
- 2 Tbsp. fajita seasoning
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Flour tortillas
- In a skillet over the stove top on medium heat, sauté diced purple onion with diced red, orange and yellow bell peppers in olive oil until everything is tender.
- In a large bowl, stir together cooked, shredded chicken, sautéed onion and bell peppers, sour cream, softened cream cheese, fajita seasoning and grated cheddar cheese.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of filling mixture on a flour tortilla within 1" of the edges. Roll up and slice into 1 1/2" to 2" rounds. Store in the refrigerator until ready to enjoy.
I’m all about keeping things easy when it comes to lunches, especially since school mornings already can be hectic! This solution totally fits the bill!
I hope your kids have a wonderful school year! What are your favorite school lunch ideas? I’m always in need of new options!