These Halloween Oreo Brownie Bars are sure to disappear in a hurry at your Halloween party! Loaded with rich chocolate goodness, Halloween Oreos, and sprinkles, this festive treat will make all the little ghouls and goblins squeal with delight! There are actually whole Oreos embedded into the brownies and crushed Oreos sprinkled on top! Tell me that’s not the best thing in the world!
A few years back I made these scrumptious Halloween Oreo Cake Bars, and they have been a screaming hit ever since! So I wanted to create a yummy brownie bar version, still incorporating the Halloween Oreos, of course! I have to say, I can’t decide which one I prefer. They are both incredibly delicious! I guess it all depends on whether you’re craving cake or brownies. 🙂
I think I could eat Halloween Oreos all day! They are my packaged dessert nemesis. The kids love them too, so we’re all in competition for those orange and black cookies in our pantry until they are gone, without a trace.
It’s funny, growing up in a large family (14 kids), when my mom would make treats, we siblings would grab a bunch and hide them somewhere where only we knew. That way, we’d be sure to have our fill before they were gone. At times, the secret stashes were discovered by others and of course tempers flared and quarrels arose. Well, when you’ve got your taste buds set on that confection and head to your hideout, only to find they’re gone, it’s difficult to keep a level head! Ha!
So, just after getting married, when I made Chocolate Chip Cookies or my favorite Old-Fashioned Oatmeal Cake, my husband would have to gently remind me that I didn’t have to hoard them all to myself. There were, after all, only the two of us and there was plenty to go around. 🙂 It took a while for that one to click after ages of having to guard my desserts like my life depended on it.
But, now I can savor every bite, down to the very last sprinkle of these Halloween Oreo Brownies without the constant threat of ravenous siblings. I must admit, it’s a wonderful feeling!
Now, I’m dealing with the opposite problem. I try to get rid of the treats before I add too much padding to my waist! These brownie bars are well worth the extra workout you may have to do to justify eating them. I speak from experience, of course.
And, if you take them to that Halloween party and share with the masses, you will be one very popular person!
Halloween Oreo Brownie Bars
- Halloween Oreos you'll need about 23
- Boxed Brownie Mix 18.3 oz., dry from the package, I used Betty Crocker Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1/4 c. milk
- Halloween sprinkles optional but encouraged
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly spray an 8x8" or 9x9" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray, then line the bottom of it with Oreos (I used 16) so they are side by side, touching, and fill the entire bottom of the dish.
- Make brownie batter by mixing together brownie mix, egg, vegetable oil and milk in an electric mixer. Spread carefully over Oreos. Crush 7 more Oreos in a zip top bag and sprinkle over the top of the batter. Add Halloween sprinkles. Bake for approximately 30-35 minutes. Allow them to cool completely before cutting into bars.
No time to throw together a party treat? No problem! These couldn’t be easier to make! It all starts with a basic boxed brownie mix and only requires a few simple ingredients!
These are totally decadent and completely amazing! Prepare to become addicted!