Had a busy day? There’s still time for a yummy homemade dinner! This Chicken Pot Pie is made for those nights when you come home exhausted and hungry and need something in a hurry.
Hurry-Up Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 chicken breasts boiled (or use a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken)
- 1/2 onion diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 c. thinly chopped carrots fresh or frozen
- 1/4 c. fresh or frozen peas
- 1/2 c. chicken broth use the water that was used to boil the chicken in
- 1/2 t. chicken bouillon
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 c. milk
- 3/4 c. Bisquick or other pancake mix
- 1/4 c. butter melted
- Boil chicken with 1/2 of an onion that has been diced and salt and pepper for added flavoring. When fully cooked, remove from water and chop or pull chicken into pieces. Put in the bottom of an 8x8" pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle veggies over chicken. Add more veggies than is called for if desired. Pour 1/2 c. broth from the water that was used to boil the chicken into a bowl and stir in 1/2 t. chicken bouillon. Add cream of chicken soup to broth and whisk until combined. Pour soup mixture over veggies.
- Stir together 1/2 c. milk and 3/4 c. pancake mix. Pour over top of casserole. Melt 1/4 c. butter and pour over top of pancake mix. Cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45-50 minutes, or until top is golden brown, veggies are tender, and filling is bubbly and hot.
It’s loaded with veggies and chicken in a soupy mixture…all the good things! Then it’s finished with a phenomenal buttery crust layer!