Cool off on a hot summer day with this dreamy Orange Creamsicle Pie that tastes just like the best-loved popsicle!
Before you know it, the kids will be done with school and spring will turn to summer! I can’t wait for more carefree days, although they seem to still always be filled with things to do and places to go. The one thing I’m most looking forward to is not having to get ready and rush out the door before 8 in the morning!
We have some fun summer plans that include traveling to see grandparents and even a beach trip! We’re so excited!
I always love the refreshing citrus treats that accompany this warm season. Growing up, I was hooked on Orange Creamsicles. Have you ever had one? They have this dreamy creamy white vanilla filling and are enveloped in this perfect orange shell. You’ve got to try them! They kind of remind me of an Orange Julius.
But, even if you’ve never had the privilege of sinking your teeth into an Orange Creamsicle, your taste buds will get the same incredible experience with this pie! And if you don’t get your fix after that, you’ll definitely want to try these Orange Creamsicle Cookies and these Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes too! Because you can never have too much orange creamsicle in your life, at least that’s my motto! 🙂
The filling is smooth and soft with a ready-made graham cracker crust to make life easy! You can of course put together your own crust, if you’d like. This pie will need to freeze for about four hours and be served immediately after removing it from the freezer. The texture resembles that of soft-serve ice cream, so it melts quickly, especially in the heat!
I know you’re going to love it! Summer time just wouldn’t be complete without it! I decorated it simply with some whipped cream and fresh orange slices to pretty it up a bit. Oranges are such a happy, gorgeous fruit!
Orange Creamsicle Pie
- 9 " graham cracker pie crust I used a pre-made, store-bought crust
- 1 can 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice concentrate frozen
- 3-4 drops orange food coloring or more to reach desired color
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 oz. tub whipped topping
- Stir together sweetened condensed milk, frozen orange juice concentrate, food coloring, and vanilla extract. I used a potato masher to incorporate the frozen orange juice concentrate.
- Fold in whipped topping. Pour into prepared crust (dish will be full) and freeze for approximately 4 hours or until set up. Overnight is best if you've got the time.
- Quickly garnish with whipped cream and fresh orange slices and serve immediately out of the freezer as it will melt quickly.
Serve it to your guests at the BBQ and they’ll praise you! It only requires a few ingredients and comes together really quickly! Just be sure to leave time to let it set up in the freezer.
Do you have any fun summer plans? I hope they include this delectable pie!