These Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies will make your peanut butter loving heart so happy! They’re soft and thick with the perfect amount of melty chocolate!
I’ve always believed that peanut butter and chocolate are a match made in heaven. I guess I didn’t inherit my mom’s genes in that department, because she is not a peanut butter fan. In fact, I always craved peanut butter cookies, growing up, but never got them because mom didn’t want to make a dessert she wouldn’t enjoy. 🙂
So you can bet that once I started my own family, I quickly made up for all the lost years not enjoying peanut butter cookies. I basically wanted to eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. 🙂
Unfortunately, my husband feels like peanut butter should have never been invented, which is a total crime, but that just means more cookies for the kids and me! So far, I’m four for four as far as passing on the peanut butter loving trait to my children. Success!
We hosted some of my hubby’s coworkers for a BBQ not long ago and I served these for dessert. They were a hit! These cookies are peanut butter and chocolate heaven! I’m kind of addicted.
I just love summer time when we can enjoy our meals outdoors on the patio under the shade of our tree while watching the kids frolic and swing. This is when the memories are made!Ahhh….I don’t want it to end! It’s always nice, though, to unwind after a day of going nonstop, taking kids to lessons, playing with friends and running errands. And there’s no better way to do just that than with a cookie that’s out-of-this-world-delicious! I bet you can’t stop at just one!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 c. butter softened
- 1/2 c. white sugar
- 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together peanut butter, butter, white sugar and brown sugar, egg, milk and vanilla.
- Add in flour, oats, baking powder and salt and mix until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips with a large spoon. Scoop or form into rounded 1 1/2" balls and place at least 2" apart on a greased or non stick baking mat-lined cookie sheet. Gently press dough balls down with the palm of your hand to flatten them.
- Bake for approximately 8 to 10 minutes. My first batch was done in 9 minutes and the others in 8 minutes. Let cool at about 5 minutes before carefully removing them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Are you a serious peanut butter lover like me? Then you need to make these ASAP!
Grab the milk and enjoy!