Soft Snickerdoodle Bars with a creamy cheesecake filling, finished with a perfect cinnamon sugar topping! This dessert will become a fast favorite!
Spring is our windy season here. Which makes recipe photographing outdoors very difficult! Ha! These bars were literally almost blowing off the spatula! It was hard to keep a steady hand!
I have to keep my hair in a pony tail or just plan on it sticking to my face when I’m out. But I love the beautiful weather, the colorful flowers blooming, and the warm sunshine that come with this season!
And, my birthday’s in the spring, so I have that to look forward to. Although, I find myself getting less and less excited about it the older I get. Haha! I think I’d be perfectly content to skip a few years, as long as my fine lines and grey hairs would agree to it as well. 🙂
Plus, that crusty sugar and cinnamon layer that forms on top is out of this world! There are so many layers and levels of delight in these bars. Every bite brings so much excitement and a huge wow factor!
I’m pretty sure these Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars will be making an appearance at every summer potluck and BBQ over the next few months! They are that good!
When you’re craving a snickerdoodle but you kind of want cheesecake too, this is the dessert for you! You don’t even have to choose! These bars are the best of both worlds. And I know once you try them that you’ll agree with me when I say that Snickerdoodles and Cheesecake were meant to be married! Talk about a dream team!
Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars
- Snickerdoodle Layer:
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- scant 1/2 tsp. salt
- Cheesecake Layer:
- 1 1/2 blocks 12 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a 9"x13" pan with parchment paper so it hangs over the edges.
- Make the snickerdoodle dough by creaming together butter, granulated and brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Add flour mixture to wet mixture and mix until combined.
- Spread/press 2/3 of the dough into the bottom of the pan on the parchment paper. Dough will be sticky but do your best to spread it evenly.
- Make the cheesecake layer by creaming together cream cheese, egg, vanilla and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer. Spread over the snickerdoodle dough. Dot the cream cheese layer with remaining snickerdoodle dough. I like to grab a little dough and press it flat in my hand, then drop it onto the cream cheese layer.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over the top and bake for approximately 27-30 minutes or just until the edges are set and turning golden brown and center is only slightly jiggly. Cool completely before slicing into bars.
I hope you get to enjoy these soon! I know we’ll be making them again and again!