If you need a yummy, easy dessert in a hurry, be sure to whip up these Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies! They’re sure to please!
I’ve been on a cake mix dessert-making kick lately. I just love how many delicious treats can be created from a basic cake mix. If I’m being honest, I rarely use a cake mix to make a cake. If I do, I doctor it up, like in this scrumptious Chocolate Devotion Poke Cake and this Chocoholic Bundt Cake.
Typically I use a cake mix to make cookies, like with these Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies and these Lemon Lime Cake Mix Cookies. Cake mixes really are so versatile! I especially love that they make it so easy to bake up delicious cookies in just minutes with just a few ingredients. Today’s recipe is no exception.
You won’t believe how quickly these Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies come together! You’ll be enjoying them in a hurry! These are so perfect for summer BBQ’s and potlucks! I topped them with a fresh strawberry glaze that is unbelievably incredible! It’s optional, but I totally recommend it because it sends the yummy factor through the roof!
Tomorrow I’m going to share another must-make cake mix cookie recipe! I’m totally hooked! Whenever I’m craving a cookie but don’t want to put the effort into going fully homemade, I make cake mix cookies. They’re a perfect dessert solution for lazy or busy days.
I know you’re going to be crazy about these! I can’t wait for you to try them! My family devoured them. It was lucky I brought some to the neighbors before they attacked the platter. 🙂
Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 box 15.25 oz Betty Crocker Delights Super Moist Strawberry Cake Mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 6 Tbsp. butter melted
- Strawberry Glaze:
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. fresh strawberry puree I just used a fork to mash up a strawberry
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix together cake mix, egg, almond extract and melted butter completely.
- Scoop or roll dough into 1 1/2" balls, place at least 2" apart on a greased or non-stick baking mat-lined cookie sheet. Press dough balls down with the palms of your hands to flatten slightly.
- Bake for approximately 8 to 9 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheets for a few minutes before carefully removing them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Prepare the glaze by whisking together powdered sugar, fresh strawberry puree and milk. If you need to thin it more, add a little milk. If you'd like to thicken it, add a little powdered sugar and whisk. Drizzle glaze over cooled cookies and allow the glaze to set completely before storing the cookies in an airtight container.
You’ll fall in love with these at bite one! They’re pure bliss!
If you’d love strawberry cookies, you need to try these Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies too!
For all other cookie recipe go HERE.
Happy summer baking!