An Easter time favorite candy plus a chocolate chip cookie all in one! These Cadbury Mini Egg Cookies deserve to be devoured at all your spring celebrations!
When the Easter candy hits the shelves I cringe and do jumping jacks all at the same time. My self control goes out the window when that bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs gets opened. I have a serious love/hate relationship with those adorable, delectable pastel colored candy eggs!
What’s your favorite kind of Easter candy? You know the one that gets you so excited for the Easter bunny to come so you can raid the kids’ baskets when they’re not looking. 🙂 I’ve always called that the candy tax. Being a parent qualifies me to grab a few of my children’s treats when the craving calls for it.
I bet if we took a poll today and asked everyone’s favorite cookie that the overwhelming response would be chocolate chip. A good Snickerdoodle Cookie may be tied for first in my book. But, that’s beside the point. Sometimes the simplest, most basic treats are the very best! When my sweet tooth is begging for dessert, I always yearn for a classic Chocolate Chip Cookie. Are you the same way? I don’t think I’m ever not in the mood for a chocolate chip cookie. They’re just that amazing!
So after buying that bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs, and stewing over in my head about a hundred extra clever, super unique or out-of-the-box ways to use them in a dessert, I ultimately could not think of any better way to enjoy them than in a good ‘ol chocolate chip cookie. Can you blame me? Especially when the cookie is perfectly soft and chewy and studded with colored chocolate candy eggs?
For this recipe, you’ll need some half baking sheets, a good spatula for scraping down the sides of the bowl, a metal spatula for removing the cookies to the cooling racks, and don’t forget the pot holders for removing the hot cookie sheets from the oven. I love this non stick silicone baking mat.
Cadbury Mini Egg Cookies
- 1 c. butter softened
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1 c. coarsely crushed Cadbury Mini Eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line cookie sheets with nonstick baking mats or lightly spray them with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter, granulated and brown sugars, vanilla and eggs. Add in salt, baking soda, baking powder and flour and mix until incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips and crushed Cadbury Mini Eggs. Dough will be slightly sticky. Scoop dough by rounded Tablespoonfuls and place on cookie sheets 2" apart. Bake for 8-9 minutes. Let cookies sit on cookie sheets for a few minutes, then carefully remove them to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container or bag.
So even though breaking open a bag of Cadbury Eggs and popping them by the handful is an immediate satisfaction of my chocolate cravings, being a little more patient and baking them into the very best chocolate chip cookies you ever sank your teeth into is SO much better! Worth the extra wait!
Your Easter celebrations and picnics will be even more memorable with these delightful goodies!