Treat Santa to something extra special on Christmas Eve night with these soft chocolate chip cookie bars! Don’t forget the milk! He’s sure to give a big “Ho, Ho, Ho!” when he tastes them!
We’re on the countdown to Christmas! The kids are getting so excited. They’ll be on winter break beginning the entire week before Christmas. I’m already planning lots of activities for us to do to stay busy and keep the giddiness at a healthy, manageable level (if that’s even possible). 🙂 Wish me luck!
We always bake up some cookies for Santa on Christmas Eve as part of our holiday family traditions. Then, the kids carefully set them out on a plate, along with some carrots for the reindeer, and a tall glass of milk! This year, the jolly man’s going to be feasting on these delicious beauties!
Even though he’s going to be sampling cookies at every house on his route, Santa’s won’t soon forget these particular delights! The vanilla pudding mix makes them incredibly soft, lighter and oh-so scrumptious! Plus, with festive M&M’s and chocolate chips on overload, these bars are completely irresistible!
My kids had the opportunity to sit on Santa’s lap the other weekend. We were at the Festival of Trees, and he happened to be there, and the line was short, so we took full advantage of it! My baby blurted out, “Cars!” when asked what he wanted. My five-year-old daughter got unusually quiet and stiff, not saying much until Santa brought out the candy canes, and then she was all smiles.
All four children have been trying very hard (and succeeding quite often) to be on their very best behavior, especially during these last few, critical weeks, so Santa won’t pass over our chimney. Can it just be Christmas all year round?! 🙂
Kids’ behavior aside, this is the best time of the year to enjoy a smorgasbord of sweets! At parties and gatherings, we’re presented with an array of delectable confections and appetizers to please our taste buds.
If there ever was a season to binge eat cookies, it’s this one! Maybe that’s another reason why I love it so much. 🙂 I never want it to end!
But since all good things must come to a close, we’ll savor every moment, and look forward to Santa’s arrival!
Santa’s Favorite Cookie Bars
- 1 c. butter softened
- 1 c. brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 pkg. 3.4 oz. vanilla instant pudding and pie packet (dry from the package)*see note below
- 2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- scant 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c . chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. red and green chocolate candies plus additional for pressing into the top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9"x13" cake pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Add dry pudding mix, flour, baking soda and salt and mix until combined. Stir in 1/2 c. chocolate chips and 1/2 c. colored chocolate candies.
- Press dough into prepared pan, press additional colored chocolate candies on top (about 1/2 cup), then bake for approximately 12 to 15 minutes (mine were done in 14 minutes), or just until the edges barely start to turn a golden brown. Don't over bake or they'll be dry and crumbly! Enjoy!
Happy baking and a very Merry Christmas to you! What is your favorite Christmas tradition or Christmas memory? I’d love to hear!