This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CampbellsShortcutMeals #CollectiveBias
Make busy school nights easier with this hearty Southwest Chicken & Rice Casserole the whole family is sure to love!
Hectic evenings just got much less stressful, because this warm and cheesy meal is a total no brainer! I picked up all the ingredients at Walmart and put it together in a hurry!
I love meals that are low on prep time and that my picky kiddos will eat. This one totally fits the bill!
Be sure to hover over the photo above to easily shop for the ingredients in today’s recipe! You’ll be taken directly to Walmart.com where you can conveniently purchase everything you need for this incredible meal!
My kids will be starting school in just a few short weeks, so I’m already menu planning and thinking ahead about how I can make our after-school time less demanding.
I’ll have three kiddos starting school this month! I’m gearing up for craziness. 🙂 Between helping them with homework, after school activities and music practice, plus prepping for the next day, our evenings always fly by. Needless to say, when it comes to meals, the simpler the better!
I love dump ‘n bake recipes because they don’t add to the chaos that already abounds after school. 🙂 This one involves some tasty Campbell Soup Company products that come together to make a totally satisfying casserole that’s packed with the wonderful flavors of the southwest.
Pace® is made with handpicked veggies and kicks the flavor factor of this casserole through the roof! It’s available in a variety of heat levels, which is perfect because the hubby and I LOVE spice and the kiddos are a little shyer about it. 🙂
I picked up the Campbell’s® SpaghettiOs® pasta because they’re a totally slurp-able after school snack for the kids! We can’t get enough of the signature sweet sauce! I have fond memories of eating them, growing up.
Swanson® Premium Chicken makes this casserole a total breeze to put together! No cooking or shredding chicken=amazing! Plus, it’s low fat and heart healthy!
Walmart is my one-stop shop for all things back-to-school, including easy recipe ingredients!
Everyone at the dinner table will be smacking their lips at this one! You just can’t go wrong with rice, chicken, black beans, corn, green chiles, enchilada and picante sauce, then the perfect blend of southwest seasonings!
Southwest Chicken and Rice Casserole
- 4 c. cooked white rice
- 1 can 15.25 oz. black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 can 4 oz. diced green chiles
- 1 can 12.5 oz. Swanson® Premium Chicken
- 1 can 10 oz. red enchilada sauce
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 2 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 c. Pace® Picante Sauce
- 1 c. shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray an 8x8" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Stir all ingredients, except the shredded cheese, together in a large bowl.
- Spread into prepared pan (pan will be full) and bake, covered with aluminum foil for approximately 35-40 minutes, or until heated through. Remove the foil, sprinkle with cheese and place back in the oven for about 5 minutes, or just until cheese is melted. Serve with sliced jalapeños, diced tomatoes, sour cream, crushed tortilla chips, etc.
This easy-to-make dinner will give you time to spare so you can spend it with the ones you love. Whether it’s spent helping the kids with a school project or kicking back, relaxing, and watching a family movie, you’ll thank yourself for keeping meal time simple!