This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #UltimatePitStop #CollectiveBias
Playtime for children is a key element in helping bust a case of the “boredoms” and providing opportunities to get along with others. So today I’m excited to offer my take on how my kids and I like to experience summer break and what we do to limit those inevitable quarrels.
And, I can’t wait to tell you about some new toys that help with this! My kids have so much fun with their Just Play Cars 3 Mack Mobile Tool and Just Play Cars 3 Transforming McQueen Tool Kit!
Do you know some kids who would love to play with Disney•Pixar’s Cars 3 merchandise like the ones featured above? Simply hover over the photo to click through to Amazon.com and shop! Amazon is the ultimate Pit Stop for Cars 3 merchandise. Look for these fun items too!
- LEGO Juniors Thunder Hollow Crazy 8 Race Building Kit
- Disney•Pixar Cars 3 Crazy 8 Crashers Smash & Crash Derby Playset
- Disney•Pixar’s Cars 3 Apparel
- Disney•Pixar’s Cars 3 Bedding
I love when my kids finish the school year and get to spend all day every day at home with me for a few months. But, there’s already been some bickering and I’ve heard, “I’m bored!” too many times to count.
It seems that I play the role of referee and entertainer more often than I’d like. So, this summer, I’m determined to be more intentional about some things in the hopes that our precious time together can be more meaningful and memorable. I’m excited to share these points with you today.
- Encourage kids to play together all throughout the day. Of course kids will need quiet time to themselves on occasion to unwind, but time spent together bonding over toys or another fun activity is crucial in building loving family relationships. Not to mention the memories it will create, as well.
My kids love to build forts or huts with blankets, chairs, and pillows in an open space in a room. Of course they had to introduce Mack and Lightning McQueen to their “secret hideout”.
My kids are convinced this is the best toy ever! I mean, who doesn’t love this friendly red truck?
Mack opens up to reveal the coolest, convenient area to store Lightning’s tools, complete with a car lift! Combine this with the plethora of options available in the Just Play Cars 3 Transforming McQueen Tool Kit, and Lightning is totally covered if he ever needs a tune-up!
2. Encourage kids to come up with their own form of creative/imaginative entertainment. My kids ask me all the time, in desperation, what they can do when video games are out of the question, but I like to allow them to brainstorm and then make a decision amongst themselves. They often end up playing with their favorite toys while making up stories and scenarios.
It made my heart so happy to watch them building and fixing with their new Just Play Cars 3 Mack Mobile Tool and Just Play Cars 3 Transforming McQueen Tool Kit the other day. They were contentedly busy for hours!
- Give children opportunities to learn and practice teamwork. Playtime is a great opportunity to teach valuable life lessons and skills. My kids took turns using the tools to screw on Lightning’s wheels and get him fully outfitted and ready to hit the road. It sure makes mommy proud to see them happily trying to achieve a common goal.
4. Limit Screen Time. I’d much prefer to see my kids laughing and playing toys together over being glued to their separate gaming devices. “Technology Time” is a precious privilege around here, and one that my kids have to earn and can lose quickly. When the allotted minutes are over, they are required to find something else to occupy themselves. We’ve gotten to the point where, quite often, they’ll actually race for their toys first thing in the morning over their tablets. Success!
The Just Play Cars 3 Mack Mobile Tool and Just Play Cars 3 Transforming McQueen Tool Kit have captured their hearts and attention, for sure! Playtime is such a key element in helping strengthen kids’ relationships with each other. I love watching my children bond over toys.
What would you include in this list? What is your best advice for helping kids play together kindly and find their own forms of entertainment?
Don’t miss out on all the fun Disney•Pixar’s Cars 3 merchandise on Amazon! Will you be heading to theaters to watch the new movie soon? We can’t wait to see the new Disney•Pixar’s Cars 3 movie! Are your kiddos excited too? We’ve really enjoyed both of the Cars movies so far and I bet this one will not disappoint either! © 2017 Disney/Pixar