This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ScrubWithDots #CollectiveBias
So many luscious flavors of fall incorporated into one beautifully layered dessert with this Butterscotch Gingerbread Pumpkin Trifle! If you need something impressive and incredibly delicious to take to a gathering, look no further! This will please the crowds!
I’m loving the fall weather and views we’re having here. The air is slightly crisp and the leaves are golden. We’re about to take a trip to the pumpkin patch this coming weekend with the kids and their grandparents. We’re also looking forward to parties and trick-or-treating later on in the month. There are just so many things to appreciate about autumn!
The scrumptious, special treats just might be one of my most favorite parts about this wonderful season. 🙂 I certainly can never pass up a pumpkin confection! Especially when it involves crumbled gingerbread cookies sandwiched between layers of whipped topping and creamy pumpkin pie spiced butterscotch pudding!
I’m always in complete awe and amazement when I see someone show up to a potluck bearing a trifle. There’s something about them that just makes the jaw drop! Plus, they feed so many people! It’s almost as if the bowl is bottomless!
When you get a spoonful of this one, your taste buds are going to dance with excitement!
If there is a down side to trifles, it is that they are super messy! Keeping up with the drips is no little task and the dishes aftermath can be daunting! And that’s why I like to make sure I’ve got Scotch-Brite® Scrub Dots products at-the-ready!
The Scotch-Brite® Non-Scratch Scrub Dots Sponge is great for spill control and cleaning the ingredient explosion on the counter. It safely cleans all cookware and cook tops. The Scotch-Brite® Non-Scratch Scrub Dots Dishwand tackles the pudding bowl like a champ while not leaving a scratch!
The Scotch-Brite® Heavy Duty Scrub Dots Sponge eliminates baked-on messes and is perfect for use on pots, pans and heavy duty cookware! These are kitchen staples!
I found the Scotch-Brite™ products at Dollar General on the cleaning supplies aisle.
Don’t miss out on this coupon for $1.00 off any two Scrub Dots items! The offer will expire on 12/31.
I can’t wait for you to try today’s trifle! The flavor combo will make you want to do jumping jacks in delight! I took a spoon to it and had a hard time stopping myself! If there ever was a winning trio, it was pumpkin, gingerbread, and butterscotch. They are superstar ingredients!
This is one of those desserts where I was absolutely floored at how incredible it is. I was not expecting to enjoy it nearly as much as I did. And now I will be craving it year round! I used homemade gingerbread cookies, and I would highly recommend doing that, but if you’re short on time, by all means, use store-bought and it will still be yummy.
Here’s how to put it together:
Butterscotch Gingerbread Pumpkin Trifle
- Gingerbread Cookies about two dozen, I'd recommend homemade, but store-bought works too
- Gingerbread Cookies:
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. cloves
- 3/4 tsp. ginger
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Pudding layer:
- 2 pkgs. 3.4 oz each butterscotch instant pudding and pie filling
- 4 cups milk
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened well
- 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin NOT pumpkin pie filling
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Whipped topping layer:
- 2 containers 8 oz. each whipped topping
- For the cookies, preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. In the bowl of an electric mixer cream together shortening, sugar, egg and molasses. In a separate bowl, stir together baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and flour. Add flour mixture to wet mixture and mix to incorporate. Scoop or roll dough into 1 1/2" balls and place on nonstick baking mat or greased cookie sheet 2" apart. Press dough balls down slightly with the palm of your hand. Bake for approximately 6 minutes and no more than 7. Don't over bake or they won't be soft! Don't let the bottoms get too brown. They should be a light golden brown. Let cool slightly, then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
- For the pudding layer, prepare butterscotch pudding by whisking both packet mixes and 4 cups of cold milk together in a large bowl. Place in the refrigerator until set. While it's setting up, in the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together cream cheese, powdered sugar, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice until smooth and no lumps remain. Stir in prepared butterscotch pudding by hand.
- In a trifle dish, crumble 7 gingerbread cookies onto the bottom. Next, pour and spread 1/2 of the butterscotch sauce over. Spread one tub (8 oz.) of whipped topping over pudding layer. Repeat layers, crumbling 7 more cookies, then spreading the remaining half of the butterscotch sauce over, and ending with a layer of the remaining tub of whipped topping. Crumble about 3 more gingerbread cookies on top for garnish. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Best when enjoyed within 24 hours of making it.
Just look at that spoonful of goodness! This dessert is completely irresistible! What are your favorite fall treats? This one is top of my list now!
Be sure to check out this hub page for more great ideas!