This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #DolittleAtWalmart http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
Have a fun family movie night with the new Dolittle DVD and a delicious, themed “Chee-Chee Banana Split Trifle” dessert!
My kids are obsessed with animals. We have two cats and a lizard (a leopard gecko) and they take such great care of our pets. Last week, at the kids’ request, we went on an outing on our two acre property in search of animal life. We discovered a myriad of butterflies, ants and a fuzzy caterpillar, also some lizards, but the little rabbit that has made a home of our yard lately (and has been munching tirelessly on our grass) was nowhere to be seen. 🙂 My kids play, dream, draw and research all things animals on a regular basis!
When I heard that the new Dolittle DVD had just been released, I ran to Walmart to get a copy! I knew it was sure to be a hit with my family, and I was right, as usual, haha. 🙂 We made a yummy “Chee-Chee Banana Split Trifle” to sweeten the evening even more. Chee-Chee is a gorilla who originally is rather unsure of himself and eventually overcomes his self-doubt and demonstrates exceptional courage.
The kids gathered their favorite stuffed animals to view the movie with us. 🙂 Of course their animal friends had to match Dolittle’s loyal sidekicks.
Throughout the movie, we giggled lots at the banter and cheered for the team as they embark on a critical journey where the fate of a very important person rests in their hands, paws, wings, or what have they. 🙂 Along the way, they make discoveries about themselves and demonstrate the power of friendship and banding together to achieve a common goal.
Dolittle is a veterinarian who has the ability to communicate with animals. Every child (including my four children) who’s ever dreamed of conversing with their favorite pet can live vicariously through him in this adventurous movie.
Each of the animals, along with Dolittle, has something unique to offer the collective group that becomes like family. These individual qualities and abilities enable them to accomplish things together that they could never do alone.
Throughout the movie, we learn about the importance of perseverence, especially amidst very challenging circumstances. Dolittle conquers obstacles of his own that originate from a tragic event in his past.
This scrumptious layered banana split dessert was the perfect complement to a Dolittle DVD family movie night!
Pound cake, vanilla pudding cheesecake, sliced bananas and strawberries, whipped topping, nuts, chocolate syrup and maraschino cherries combine to create a creamy, scrumptious, cool treat that would make Chee-Chee proud. I know your family will love this too!
Chee-Chee Banana Split Trifle
- 2 pkgs 3.4 oz each vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
- 4 c. cold milk
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened or at room temperature
- 1 c. whipped topping save the rest of the 8 oz. container for the topping
- 16 oz. pre-made pound cake or prepare your own, cut into 1"x1" cubes
- 3/4 lb. strawberries sliced
- 1 1/2 to 2 large bananas sliced
- The remainder of the 8 oz whipped topping container
- Chocolate sauce
- 1/2 c. chopped nuts walnuts or pecans
- 6 maraschino cherries chopped finely
- Prepare the pudding by whisking the pudding mixes into 4 c. cold milk. Let it set up in the refrigerator for about 5-10 minutes. With an electric mixer, cream together the pudding and softened cream cheese. Stir in 1 c. whipped topping.
- To assemble the trifle, first add 1/2 of the pound cake cubes to the bottom of a large trifle bowl. Next, spread 1/2 of the pudding mixture over the pound cake. Then sprinkle 1/2 of the strawberry slices over the top of the pudding. Add 1/2 of the banana slices over the strawberries. Repeat the layers. Top with the remainder of the whipped topping tub. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup chopped nuts chopped and maraschino cherries. Drizzle with chocolate syrup, chill through and serve.
Grab your copy of this DVD now at Walmart and Walmart.com! We all really enjoyed it!
Are you planning a family movie night soon? I hope this film is a part of it!