This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Mars, Incorporated. All opinions are mine alone. #BensBeginners #UncleBensPromo #CollectiveBias
Call the family to the table and watch them smile when they see this colorful, cheesy-good Chicken Fajita Casserole! Layers of delicious Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice Spanish Style with chicken, tortillas and bell peppers make this meal hard to beat!
I grew up helping my mom at meal time in the kitchen. I owe my love for baking and cooking to her. She was so patient as she taught me to make bread, desserts, pies, casseroles, you name it. She was totally trusting and allowed me to make cookies all by myself when she knew I was ready at a young age. This was when I truly gained confidence in my ability to create something yummy that could be enjoyed by all.
I always knew I wanted to do the same for my children. I want the kitchen to be a place where they feel free to experiment and taste, even make mistakes, and laugh about them.
My daughter is very reserved, but when I get her stirring and spreading, tossing and sprinkling, she really opens up about her day at school and what’s going on while she’s away from home. There’s nothing that quite brings out quality conversation like a skillet and spatula. 🙂
And it sure makes me beam from ear to ear every time I hear my kids say how much they enjoy working alongside me in the kitchen. I cherish the time we spend together there. I’ve learned from experience that when my kids participate in the preparation of a meal, they’re much more likely to eat it, so before I start, I always offer to let them get involved in the process. The extra cleanup afterwards is completely worth it!
I truly believe that culinary skills are one of the best life skills we can equip our kids with before sending them out into the world as adults. Because good food has a way of bringing comfort and making one feel closer to home, even if thousands of miles away. I know I was very grateful for what my mom had taught me while I was eating really well in my college apartment. 🙂
And since casseroles to me are the number one make-you-feel-warm-and-fuzzy-inside food, and the cooler weather is just around the corner, my family and I came up with this Chicken Fajita version that is sure to please! It’s super simple to put together, so the kiddos can jump in and help and make memories in the meantime.
Who doesn’t love a good Chicken Fajita? This is even better because it’s got all of the wonderful flavors of this classic favorite dish, but is made to serve a crowd with leftovers to boot! I don’t know about you, but I’ll take every chance I can get to avoid cooking every night of the week.
And since, when the family is joining in, the recipe needs to be straightforward and quick, Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice (Spanish Style) is the perfect component. In fact, Ben’s Beginners came about for just this purpose…to get kids cooking. Because learning to cook can be both educational and fun!
Plus, 90 seconds to warm rice in a bag is all too convenient when there’s homework that needs to be done and after-school activities galore cutting down on meal prep time.
Be sure to get in on this Ibotta coupon offer that earns you $0.75 off Ready Rice products exclusively at Walmart.Enter here for a chance to win a Walmart gift card!
And because parents like me just love any opportunity to help our kids’ school, I want to encourage you to check out the Ben’s Beginners program and contest where you can enter for a chance to win! 5 families will win $15,000 for themselves + a $30,000 cafeteria makeover for their kid’s school. How awesome is that?!
And now let’s get down to business with today’s delectable recipe.
Chicken Fajita Casserole
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced into rounds and then sliced in half and broken apart
- 1 green yellow, red, and orange pepper, seeds and stem removed and sliced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp. fajita seasoning mix comes in an envelope packet
- 2 bags 8.8 oz. each Uncle Ben's Ready Rice Spanish Style
- 1 can 10.5 oz. cream of chicken soup
- 2 medium flour tortillas
- 2 c. shredded Colby/Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a skillet over medium-high heat, saute onion and peppers with garlic in olive oil until tender. Prepare Uncle Ben's Ready Rice Spanish Style according to package directions and add to a large bowl. Cook and shred chicken breasts. Toss with 2 Tbsp. fajita seasoning. Add chicken and cream of chicken soup to Uncle Ben's Rice and stir together.
- Grease a 9"x13" casserole dish and spread chicken and rice mixture in the bottom. Layer with two flour tortillas, allowing them to overlap in the center. Spread pepper mixture over the top of the tortillas and sprinkle with cheese. Cover with foil and bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until warmed through. Remove the foil for the last 5-7 minutes of cooking time so the cheese can melt nicely. Enjoy!
This one needs to go on the regular meal rotation! The family will be all smiles around the dinner table when this casserole is served!
This one will get rave reviews for sure! It’s one of those meals that will warm you right through and leave everyone feeling content and happy.
What are your favorite ways to cook with Uncle Ben’s?