This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FallIntoClean #CollectiveBias
Expecting guests with only minutes to prepare? I’ve got a few tips up my sleeve that’ll make it look like you cleaned house all day!
I know the feeling well of panic after learning that unexpected visitors are coming and will be knocking at the door in about 15 minutes. With four kiddos running amuck, our house is not typically guest worthy at any given moment. It seems like there’s never enough time to prepare when a friend texts that she’s on her way and is going to drop in and say “hello”.
So, rather than tell her to turn around and come another day or hide my face in shame when she arrives, I’ve come up with a secret formula/method for tricking people into thinking I keep a spotless house. Just don’t tell my friends and please do not look in the closets! 🙂
Now, I’d like to think I’m an honest person, but cheating is totally ok when it comes to impressing those last-minute visitors, am I right? I hope so, because I do it more often than I’d like to admit.
So, here’s how it’s done.
1. Focus your attention on main areas where guests will congregate, i.e. living room, kitchen, guest bathroom, and don’t sweat the rest.
This is how I became fast friends with Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day®. She’s a lifesaver, I tell you!
There are so many wonderful Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day® options available at Whole Foods Market! Something for every purpose!
When short on time, I always start with the kitchen, because there’s just something about a tidy kitchen that screams, “I’m a good housekeeper!”, even if there are certain doors that will remain closed. 🙂
Because I like my sink best when it’s white, I pull out the Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day® Multi-Surface Spray in Lemon Verbena scent and give it a quick scrub-down. I love it because it’s safe to use with my septic system and is a powerful, better way to make surfaces sparkle!
2. Make it smell like heaven!
Next, I like to hand wash a few dishes with Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day® Dish Soap in Lemon Verbena Scent to produce an aroma that will knock the guests off their feet when they step in the door. A sink full of lemon-y soap suds will always give off the “clean” vibe. Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day® products are loaded with plant-derived ingredients and essential oils that will give the home that welcoming, fresh scent!
I loved Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day® even more when I learned that they are sponsoring the wonderful cause I’m going to tell you about. Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day® will donate $1 to Whole Kids Foundation for each of the first 25,000 cleaning products purchased at Whole Foods Market to help kids enjoy eating fruits and vegetables. You can learn more about this foundation by visiting the WKF Website or watching this video.
3. Enlist the help of a big black garbage bag. Yes, desperate times call for desperate measures. I’ve been reduced to throwing stuffed animals, coloring books, and other loose items on the living room floors in this wonderful thing on many occasions. And then I make a mad rush to the closet or garage where I conceal the evidence. 🙂
4. Make a good initial impression. Declutter the entryway for obvious reasons…it will be the first place where guests set foot and lay eyes.
5. Use straight lines as a distraction. They will work magic! You wouldn’t believe what a quick vacuuming will do to the overall feel of the home, and it’s a very visible sign that you’ve put in effort.
6. Deceive them with colorful, fresh flowers! A vibrant vase of these beauties will draw the attention right here instead of to other areas of the house that were left untouched.
So now you know one area in life where it’s completely acceptable to cheat, and your guests will never suspect! 🙂
What quick cleaning tips would you add to this list?
Be sure to follow Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day® on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram for more great ways to make your home look and smell amazing!