What makes a soft pumpkin cookie even better? Oreos! These Pumpkin Oreo Cookies have crushed Oreos inside with a perfect glaze drizzled over and even more crushed Oreos on top!
Can I get a, “Yes, please!” to all of the above? I could not stop eating these cookies! I know I say this every time I share a cookie recipe, but these are soooo divine! I’m not even going to admit to how many I ate. 🙂
I used to think the only way I would take my pumpkin cookies is with only frosting on top, but now I know another extremely blissful way to enjoy them! You guys, I’m telling you, the glaze with the Oreo’s is out of this world!
Pretty sure this is my new favorite fall cookie! And it’s pretty hard to top these Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Cookies, these Frosted Applesauce Cookies, and these Cinnamon Butter Pecan Cookies. Though I have many fall treats that I love, this is definitely way up there on the list!
I think I’d be perfectly content if it were fall all year round! Or at least that’s how I’m feeling right now while swimming in a sea of pumpkin desserts. 🙂 Let’s just say my taste buds and my tummy are very pleased right now.
The other day I was trying to think of a way to incorporate one of my most favorite store-bought cookies (Oreo’s) into a fall homemade cookie. And thus the Pumpkin Oreo Cookie was born. It is glorious!
I know they say money can’t buy happiness, but I’m here to prove that statement wrong. Go buy a package of Oreo’s and make them into these cookies and bliss will shortly ensue. It’s a guarantee.
Pumpkin Oreo Cookies
- 1 c. butter softened
- 3/4 c. brown sugar packed
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 c. pumpkin puree canned pumpkin, but not pumpkin pie filling
- 2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 12 Oreo cookies crushed
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. milk more, if needed to thin
- 6 Oreo cookies crushed very finely
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line cookie sheets with nonstick baking mats or lightly spray with nonstick baking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs and vanilla. Next, add the pumpkin puree and mix.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt and baking soda. Add flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix until incorporated. Quickly mix in 12 crushed Oreo cookies.
- Drop batter by the big spoonful onto cookie sheets at least 2" apart. Bake for approximately 10-14 minutes, or just until set and the centers don't look gooey.
- Let cookies cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before carefully removing them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- After the cookies are cooled, make the glaze by whisking together powdered sugar, vanilla and milk (just enough to thin it for drizzling, but not too much). You want the glaze to be as thick as possible while still being a consistency to drizzle. Immediately after glazing, sprinkle with crushed Oreo's.
I hope your fall season is going well and that you are baking up a storm! There’s something about the cooler weather that makes me want to be in the kitchen all day pulling warm cookies from the oven. 🙂