This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #DASANISparkling #FlavorContest #CollectiveBias
A trip to the International Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta is a dream come true! I can’t wait to share how to make the most of your experience there with these simple tips.
My family is lucky enough to live where we can easily travel to the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta, as the locals call it. It’s also known as the Albuquerque International Hot Air Balloon Festival. When we first moved here, I had no idea it was such a big deal and am ashamed to say that I didn’t take full advantage of it until a little while later. It is such an incredible experience that I wish you all could have!
Everyone always gets thirsty while we’re out adventuring at the Balloon Fiesta, so we make sure to keep lots of DASANI® Sparkling at-the-ready! We love the Black Cherry variety!
We have a family tradition of attending the Fiesta every year and we always get so excited for the second week of October! We personally love the special shapes event. The kids get a kick out of watching all the fun and colorful balloons! The feeling of being on the field directly below while hundreds of hot air balloons are mass ascending into the sky is absolutely breathtaking!
The balloons are huge when you see them in person, but look so tiny in the sky! Watching the crew get the balloons up and going is something you won’t forget!
We also love the balloon glow…SO worth getting up in the wee hours of the morning to see!
Would you love to attend the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta?! Well, I have a wonderful opportunity for you!
DASANI® Sparkling is all about adventure and has a flavor for every occasion! So they are giving you the chance to WIN an experiential trip to Albuquerque, NM for the 2019 Albuquerque International Hot Air Balloon Festival! You can enter October 1st through November 15th by following these simple steps:
- Take a pic of your favorite flavor of DASANI® Sparkling
- Post it to Instagram or Twitter using #DasaniSparkling AND #FlavorContest
The Grand Prize winner will win a trip to the 2019 Albuquerque International Hot Air Balloon Festival in October 2019 for the winner plus 3 guests! The prize package consists of round trip, coach-class air transportation for 4 from a major airport near the winner’s home; 3 nights’ accommodations; rental car; 2 Gondola Club passes (2-day passes) to the Festival; a hot air balloon ride for winner and 1 guest; $1,000 spending money; and travel agent services. Doesn’t this sound incredible?! Don’t miss out on your chance to win!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Legal residents of certain U.S. states and D.C., 18 years or older.Ends 11/15/18.For rules, hashtags, alternate methods of entry, odds, prize and complete details, visit https://bit.ly/2vaka0y. Void in CT, FL, IA, ME, MA, MN, NH, NJ, NY, ND, OK, PA, SD, and VT and where prohibited.
Every year, people come from all around the world to witness the magnificence!
If you are planning a trip to the Albuquerque Balloon Festival, here are some important things to keep in mind so you can have the best time!
1.Plan in advance which events you’d like to attend throughout the week. Keep an eye on the weather and be willing to be flexible with your schedule. If there is too much wind, the balloons will stay on the ground for safety. But, there are lots of events, so you’re sure to make it to something else!
2. Pack Snacks and Drinks. You’ll thank yourself for toting a cooler into the park. If there’s one thing that seems to spoil an activity for my family, it’s when the kids are hungry or thirsty (and thus whiny), so we try to always be prepared with sustenance.
We love to bring DASANI® Sparkling! It’s delicious, refreshing, and there is a flavor for everyone! Black Cherry and Berry are two of our top picks!
I found a large selection of DASANI® Sparkling at my local Smith’s Food and Drug. Find a Kroger or Kroger banner store near you using this handy store locator.
3. Dress Warm and in Layers. October can be cold in New Mexico, especially in the early morning and late evenings. Add the wind to that mix (which is very common in the fall months) and it can chill you right through! We thought we were prepared last year in our jackets, but we wished we would have brought gloves and blankets too! If you’re attending a morning event, it will warm up quickly, so you can peel off the layers as it does.
4. Purchase Food at the Park-you won’t be sorry. Sure, you can save some cash by bringing your own, but the incredible New Mexican cuisine is all part of the amazing fiesta experience! Do not miss out on the breakfast burritos! Those fresh, locally-grown green and red chiles cannot be beat!
5. Use the Park & Ride. Parking at the park can be iffy, so we always breathe so much easier when we head to a designated site, hop on a bus and get shuttled there. Not having to deal with traffic getting in and out is so worth the small price!
6. Purchase tickets online in advance to avoid lines and save on costs. It’s so nice to be able to walk right into the park and not wait!
7. Bring lawn chairs and blankets for sitting. You’ll be walking around a lot, but it’s always nice to have a way to rest your legs if you need to.
I think that’s everything! Do you have any questions?
Have you ever been to the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta? If not, you definitely need to add it to your bucket list! It’s a spectacular experience you won’t forget!