Yesterday I shared a Cake Pop Jar teacher appreciation gift idea. This is another super easy and inexpensive way to show your appreciation to a great teacher/mentor, or just to use in your own home to get the kiddies excited for when school’s out.
I found the idea at Eighteen25 and changed it up a bit because I love chalkboards! And I didn’t want to go to the effort of making individual numbers to switch out every day. 🙂
I can totally see my daughter’s classmates getting into this for the few remaining days of school. And I’m sure this will be well-used in her teacher’s kindergarten classroom in school years to come.
I may just have to make another for here at home. So fun!
- Mask the top part of your clipboard so it doesn’t get splotched with chalkboard paint
- Give your mini clipboard a few good coats of chalkboard spray paint and let dry overnight
- “Season” your chalkboard by turning a piece of chalk on its side and running it up and down the board, then erase it well.
- Cut out “Days ’til Summer” using a craft cutter or just use letter stickers. I used the “Blanch Caps” and “Fancypants” fonts, along with the “Summer Drink” design from the Silhouette shop. Apply to chalkboard.
- Tie some rick rack or ribbon to the clip part for decoration.
- Tie a piece of chalk to some jute, then tie the jute to the clip part of your clipboard.