This post is sponsored by Tootsie. All opinions are my own.
These pretty Peppermint Cheesecake Brownie Bars just scream “Christmas time!”. A yummy brownie base with a cheesecake topping and loads of Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips! This dessert is perfectly festive and totally holiday party-worthy!
I love the festivities that accompany this wonderful time of year! We have lots of family traditions that really help us get into the Christmas spirit! From going to see the lights to the Festival of Trees, visiting Santa, gift exchanges, music recitals, and service projects in our community. One of the things we most look forward to is making and sharing homemade goodies with those we love. We spend one evening in December driving around and delivering treats to friends and neighbors. We love spreading smiles with yummy things to eat!
If there’s one thing that truly brings the magic of Christmas into our home, it’s baking drool-worthy confections like today’s Peppermint Cheesecake Brownie Bars!
It wouldn’t be Christmas time without peppermint treats! Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips add a fun color, crunch and perfect peppermint flavor to these bars! I know you’re going to love these! And I’m pretty sure Santa wouldn’t be opposed to enjoying these on Christmas Eve when he makes his special deliveries. 🙂
The tree’s all decorated, the lists are made, and the stockings are hung at our house. Now we’re just counting down the days until Jolly Old St. Nick comes!
But in the meantime, we’ll be enjoying this season to the fullest with festive gatherings and fun activities! I always stock my cupboards with loads of Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips so I can whip up a beautiful dessert on a whim. It seems like there are always last-minute events and occasions popping up on our calendars this time of year. But it’s easy to put together an impressive holiday-themed treat when I start with these pretty red and white chips!
These are sure to become a holiday baking tradition! They come together quickly, thanks to a doctored brownie mix base. The peppermint cheesecake layer, combined with the chocolate brownie bottom is nothing short of divine! I can’t wait for you to try these! And of course, snacking on Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips while making this recipe is all part of the fun!
My family is already asking when we get to have these again! They’ll definitely be making many more appearances before the season’s over! I hope you get to enjoy them soon!
Peppermint Cheesecake Brownie Bars
- Brownie Layer:
- 1 box brownie mix 19 oz.
- 1/2 c. butter melted
- 1 large egg
- Cheesecake Layer:
- 16 oz. cream cheese softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1/2 c. Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips plus 1/2 c. for topping
- Line a 13x9" cake pan with parchment paper so it hangs over the edges. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix dry brownie mix, melted butter, and egg. Press mixture into prepared pan. Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes. Let cool for about 10 minutes while you prepare the cheesecake layer.
- For the cheesecake layer, in the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together softened cream cheese, eggs, peppermint extract, and 1/2 c. Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips. Spread the cheesecake layer over the baked brownie base. Sprinkle with an additional 1/2 c. Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips, return to the oven and bake for approximately 30-35 minutes, or just until cheesecake layer is set. It will get puffy, but you don't want it to be really jiggly. Let cool completely, chill in the refrigerator, then slice and serve.
I wish you a very joyful holiday season filled with lots of baking and good things to eat!