Halloween celebrations are so much more fun with these Halloween Oreo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars! The flavor combo is out of this world! Oreos were meant to be with pumpkin chocolate chip cookies! The spooky designs on the Oreo cookies make these bars so festive and cute!
When September hits, I immediately start getting excited for Halloween. It’s my favorite holiday! My kids have already chosen their costumes! Is it too early to decorate for Halloween? Asking for a friend. 🙂
The other day I went to the store, looking for Halloween decorations. It was September 1st and I guess I jumped on the game a little too soon, because the store clerks were just bringing out the boxes, haha! I figured Christmas decor is out year round at Hobby Lobby, so why wouldn’t Halloween already be out? I was disappointed to learn that Hobby Lobby will not be offering any Halloween decorations this year, like last year. Crazy! I can’t understand why Halloween wouldn’t be top on their list, like it is on mine! 🙂
It’s a good thing I found these adorable Spooky Halloween Oreo Cookies at Walmart the other day to curb my Halloween addiction for a short while until the stores put all the Halloween decor out. 🙂 I think they’re just so cute! I love the patterns on them and they’re so perfect on top of these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars! I love that pumpkin treats are orange, so they’re already very Halloween-themed. Then you add a black cookie on top and it’s extra festive!
I’m still in awe at just how well pumpkin chocolate chip cookies meld with Oreos. This is a phenomenal treat that your taste buds won’t soon forget! They’re spookily delicious! Crushed Oreos are built into the cookie bars and then each one is topped with a whole Halloween Oreo! Not only do they look super fun, but they taste incredible!
Do your kids know what they’re going to be for Halloween yet? My youngest is going as a pirate. His costume is hanging in his closet and he is so excited for all the celebrations in October where he’ll get to where it. My youngest daughter chose out a cheerleader costume when we were visiting family over the summer and happened to be out shopping.
You could say that we are a well prepared family in the Halloween department.In fact, we may over-do it just a little. Although, I don’t know if that’s even possible when we’re talking about Halloween. We eat festive treats and watch spooky movies the entire month of October. Our whole house gets decked out with pumpkins, witches, bats, ghosts and spiderwebs at the end of September so we can have enough time to enjoy it in all its spooky glory before November hits!
These Pumpkin Krispies, these Frosted Halloween Brownies, these Halloween Sprinkle Cake Mix Cookies and these Halloween Oreo Brownie Bars start making an appearance in our kitchen, starting October 1st, and none of us are mad about it!
Halloween Oreo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 1/2 c. butter slightly softened
- 1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 c. canned pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 10 crushed Spooky Halloween Oreos for inside the bars
- 15 whole Spooky Halloween Oreos for on top
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9"x13" pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter, granulated sugar, pumpkin puree, egg, and vanilla extract. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Pour the flour mixture into the wet mixture and mix just until incorporated, scraping down the sides in between. Be careful not to over mix.
- Quickly mix in 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips and the crushed Oreos.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Press whole Oreos gently into the top, evenly spaced (5 down and 3 across).
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes. Start checking it at 20 minutes. Check by inserting a toothpick into the center. The toothpick should come out with moist or dry crumbs, but not be gooey. Be careful not to over bake! Let them cool completely, then slice and serve. The bars will get more moist as they sit.
- Let cool completely on a cooling rack. Slice and serve or store shortly in an airtight container. These are best the day of, as the texture of the whole Oreos on top will soften as time passes.
Look how cute these cookie bars are! Almost too cute to eat. But, trust me, once you start, you’ll want another!
For more great Halloween ideas, be sure to go HERE!