Celebrate Easter with these oh-so-delicious Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cadbury Mini Egg Cookie Bars! They’re sure to make the day even more memorable!
What are your Easter traditions? We always do a little egg hunt on Saturday before. Then, we attend church on Sunday, per usual, and have a special feast that evening. I typically serve up baked ham, cheesy potatoes, homemade rolls, and then this best ever Carrot Cake for dessert. The spread simply cannot be beat! I look forward to it all year round!
Leading up to Easter, I always have a long list of desserts that my kids beg me to make. Coincidentally, they all involve Cadbury Mini Eggs, ha! These Cadbury Mini Egg Cookies are high on the docket, followed by these Cadbury Mini Egg Peanut Butter Cookies and these Cadbury Mini Egg Brownies. All are absolutely incredible!
As much as I adore cookies and brownies for dessert, when Easter rolls around each year, all I can think about are Carrot Cake treats! This Carrot Cake Sheet Cake is to die for! I think when it comes down to it, I just really love dessert and I’ll take any chance or excuse I can get to enjoy them in any form. 🙂
I’m a huge fan of cookie bars because they are just so much easier to make than cookies! Just press them into the pan and bake! No rolling them into balls and baking lots of batches. It saves so much time! And the end result is basically the same, just in a square shape instead of round. 🙂
I absolutely love the combo of peanut butter with oatmeal in my desserts. They are made to be married. The oats lend a wonderful texture. The peanut butter delivers an incredible flavor. Then, throw in some Cadbury Mini Eggs and the end result is utterly divine! I have to admit that I was rather disappointed to see that there are fewer Cadbury Mini Eggs in the package now. I used a full package and wished I’d used a package and a half. Totally up to you.
I love spring time and Easter time! Don’t you? I’m just waiting for the weather here to figure out that it’s spring. 🙂 It’s still very cold and we got a little snow the other day. But I don’t mind, as long as I’m enjoying my favorite spring time treats like today’s Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cadbury Egg Cookie Bars. They will mask any frustration I may have about being freezing cold, ha!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cadbury Mini Egg Cookie Bars
- 1/2 c. butter softened
- 1 c. brown sugar packed
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 c. smooth and creamy peanut butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. old fashioned oats
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 9 oz. package milk chocolate Cadbury Mini Eggs They've made the packaging smaller, so feel free to buy two packages and use however much you'd like of the second package. I wished I had.
- Grease a 9"x13" pan and preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, peanut butter and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, stir together oats, flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix just until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl in between.
- Crush 1 c. of Cadbury Mini Eggs and stir them into the dough.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with whole Cadbury Mini Eggs (the rest of the package and more if you'd like) and press them slightly into the top of the dough.
- Bake for approximately 17-19 minutes, or just until the cookie bars are set and not jiggly or gooey. Be careful not to over bake. Allow them to cool completely on a cooling rack, then slice and serve.
Bake up a batch of these cookie bars soon and you’ll thank yourself!